I use my Z10 and playbook often to play music in my car and on my home stereo. we were thinking of using it at small wedding reception to play a wedding playlist that we created.

What I'm looking for now is a way to make announcements. so the MC and wedding party can talk into the phone and have it amplified through the stereo system that we will be using. I can't find some kind of mega phone app. I guess they could pre-record their speaches but that takes away from the emotions that everyone loves in a live speech.

while typing I thought of something I'll have to test when I get home maybe if they call my z10 that is connected to the stereo via Bluetooth blackberry gateway it could work. but there will probably be awful feedback. on second thought the wedding is on a beach in mexico so long distance/ roaming charges would be crazy. ( if we even get reception? I don't know. I've never been to mexico)

any suggestions?
    06-26-14 11:04 AM
    Have never seen a live "voice" app on BlackBerry world. The A/V capabilities of BB10 are very limited right now, doesn't come close to what you can do with iOS.

Maybe if you have two BlackBerry device you could use BBM Voice? Or buy a karaoke machine?

I live near a beach, have been to a number of beach weddings - you are going to need a powerful system to over come the "white noise" of waves, wind, and the surrounding environment if conditions are not just right. I've seen system the sound perfect in a large venue with 200 people not even be legible out in the open with a moderate evening breeze. But then there is the whole issue with noise ordinances....
    06-26-14 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD