Does anyone know if there is an app out there where u can measure distance between two random points on satellite map like you can on Google maps with the ruler
    I am using my z10. I have bmaps pro already and have had it for years, love the app just wish I could measure distance between points on it.
    Any help greatly appreciated. I don't mind paying for the app if there is one out there capable of doing this.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 08:34 AM
    You can always try Cobalt's work around for Google Maps.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 02:01 PM
    I should have said the ruler on Google Earth. Not Google maps. My wife has a Samsung and has Google maps on her phone, I don't think you can measure two random points of distance with the maps app on her phone either.
    I really don't know if there is something out there that will allow this but I would find it very handy, when figuring out distances I want to hike from one wooded area to another on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 02:58 PM
    Thanks for clarifying.
    Apart from scaling I hadn't seen your desired option in Google Maps but assumed that it was available.
    BeMaps Pro is also my preference as far as maps and routing so I m not familiar with alternatives.
    Hopefully someone else can offer a suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 04:47 PM
    Just an afterthought....have you considered any of the GPS exercise tracking apps?
    I believe that a route planning feature is available in a few of those for direct phone use.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 04:52 PM
    OK thanks for the input. I have runtastic pro as well but doesn't seem to have the ability to preplan. It does have map option but doesn't show satellite images.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 08:35 PM