Hi!
    It's come time to upgrade to a new phone but this time I'm having a really hard time deciding what to do. I've gone from a Bold to a Z10. I was looking at switching to a Samsung device as so many people I know go on about how much they love theirs. Then part of me thinks I should stick with my BB roots and go with a Classic. Because i have never owned anything else, I essentially don't know what to expect if I were to switch. Can anyone help provide some insight ... Maybe someone who does/has used both and how they compare. I obviously want something with a good battery life and a good camera. I use my phone for email daily and have the usual apps like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (version of ) ect.

Thank you!
    07-14-15 02:19 PM
    If you Z10 is working fine for you.... just don't do anything.

Unless you just want a keyboard device the Classic isn't really an upgrade, nor is the LEAP and the Z30 is 2 year old (but it is an upgrade from the Z10). So only the Passport would be worth and upgrade cycle. But then the future of the whole platform is in question with these Android rumors.

I'd just wait a little while and see how things go.... but it might be then end of the year before we really find out.

But if you want a new device now... and the Passport isn't your cup of tea, go with Samsung or HTC.
    07-14-15 02:32 PM
    You should upgrade to a z30 or if you want a keyboard the classic or passport
    Barring an extreme demand for android apps, you won't find anything better on a samsung device.
    07-14-15 03:04 PM
    I hear what you are saying. I have been a BlackBerry fan for as long as I remember.

I recently had a bunch of time to kill one day and went and played with all the new phones.

After a few hours, and I know this isn't a long time, I decided there is no way I would want to switch away from BlackBerry. Sure, the camera is nice on the others, and all these shiny new Apps I was checking out, but for daily use, messaging, multitasking, nothing comes close to my phone (Passport) and I love it.

Having said that, I am curious and slightly excited to see what will happen down the road if they in fact do a collaboration with Android and BlackBerry, but that will be a while, and you will have lots of time to enjoy your new Classic!!

My two cents.....

I clicked this on my Passport.
    07-14-15 03:14 PM
    Went from a Z10 to a Samsung S4 to a Classic. Pure android is horrible. Love the Classic.

BBCLASSIC10.3.2.2339
    07-14-15 05:00 PM
    This baffles me continually. Z10 owner. Work issued iPhone6. Wife uses Android. Kids use android and iPADs and iPODs. BB10 is a very solid OS. Options are very nice to have and I simply do not understand why more people do not choose BB10 devices. I haven't used anything that would lure me from BB10.
    07-14-15 06:36 PM
    As said before... go test drive something... personally not a fan of Samsung phones.. but that is just me... own tons of other stuff Samsung... tablet TV laptop... so not a brand thing... which to me is the point.. should not make purchasing on that basis... when the Misus wanted a new phone and was tired of the " it sort of works android experience" with BB... took her out to a couple of carrier stores and asked her if anything popped for her... in the end we settles on a LG 3G and she has never looked back at BB... Smartphones all do the same things... some better that others depending on your needs... and that is the trick... if you are happy... z30 would probably fit the bill... any high end Android will do.. just make sure it comes with Android 5.01 and has decent specs... OS updates on Android can be problematic at times... I would recommend Apple but them I know the response on this forum..... good luck in whatever the OP chooses ... just be sure it "feels" good...
    07-14-15 06:52 PM
    I had a Samsung before I got my BlackBerry device. And I'm happy that I upgraded to BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 03:37 AM
    I think you should get the Samsung. When the next upgrade comes along, you'll be back to BlackBerry without wondering "what if?"
    sir mictol likes this.
    07-16-15 12:34 PM
    It all depends on ur taste and feel. Try samsung and apple. Also give passport and classic a shot. And then decide by urself.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.858
    07-16-15 01:22 PM