I tried to download lucky patcher on my BlackBerry device but is says I need to root it before I can use it how do I fix this problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 06:03 PM
    I tried to download lucky patcher on my BlackBerry device but is says I need to root it before I can use it how do I fix this problem.

Posted via CB10
    The Android runtime on BlackBerry can not be rooted, which is a good thing.
    That said, make sure you are using the right Lucky Patcher, one that is tweaked for BlackBerry devices, see:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...atcher-947141/
    07-29-15 06:13 PM
    Why is a good thing not be able to root the runtime?
    I understand that most people could mess the system and the device but there is also people who could need it.

IMHO, any advanced user of Android should have it rooted, Android system was designed to give all the control to developers but nothing to the device owner. Many people is changing of android device each year because they think that they are crap or broken, but it is only this defective OS and the lack of knowledge to clean it.

The Android runtime on BlackBerry can not be rooted, which is a good thing.
    That said, make sure you are using the right Lucky Patcher, one that is tweaked for BlackBerry devices, see:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...atcher-947141/
    11-04-15 01:39 PM
    I understand that most people could mess the system and the device but there is also people who could need it.

IMHO, any advanced user of Android should have it rooted, Android system was designed to give all the control to developers but nothing to the device owner. Many people is changing of android device each year because they think that they are crap or broken, but it is only this defective OS and the lack of knowledge to clean it.
    But the BB10 Android Runtime isn't a full Android implementation - there is nothing to root, per se.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    11-04-15 06:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    You really shouldn't be using Lucky Patcher anymore. GMaps Patcher on the PC is far more capable.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=914930

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    11-04-15 06:14 PM

Mainly because the ability for a device to be rooted is an inherent security flaw.
    If "you" can root your device, then "anyone" can also. If "anyone" can, then "anything" can.

New strain of Android malware is 'virtually impossible' to remove
    11-05-15 07:16 PM
    good point! I never though about that,
    Moreover, I just realized that being root in android is related to the OS in background and not about the java Virtual machine and their apps though sometimes basic things such as move app to external memory, taking screenshots, are restricted by the OS if you are not root

What about the BB10/QNX? I have not missed rights yet, but, is it possible to be a complete administrator of the OS?

Anyway a good OS should be based in users and access rights and the owner should be able to authenticate and work as a root. AFAIK Android and iOS are quite far from this....

Mainly because the ability for a device to be rooted is an inherent security flaw.
    If "you" can root your device, then "anyone" can also. If "anyone" can, then "anything" can.

New strain of Android malware is 'virtually impossible' to remove
    11-06-15 04:25 PM