Okay, My dad keeps losing the contact information that he puts into his BlackBerry Z10. It's happened ever since he got it in February 2013. He enters new contact information just the way he wants it, and when he goes back to get the information he entered, it's either rearranged or not there entirely. It's extremely frustrating when you expect to find information you know you entered but it inexplicably disappears. He's using 10.2.1. I've experienced it on my phone as well (a Z10 running 10.2.1), but not nearly to the extent he has. Is there any kind of fix for this?

Z10 .2.1 FASTEST OS in the WEST!
    09-25-14 09:29 PM
    The contacts bug has been present in BlackBerry10 OS from launch. But it's fixed in 10.2.1

Maybe he always had done the updates via OTA. So the old bug stayed.

A security wipe could fix the issue. Then set it up as a new phone. Do not restore.

Use 3rd party apps like "Backup pro" to backup & restore valuable data.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 01:29 AM
    Okay. That sounds logical.

Why the third party app as opposed to BlackBerry Link?

There was an episode back this January that his phone went through the five picture password attempts without him knowing, and it asked him for his old password, which he couldn't remember at all, so consequently the phone was wiped then. He had to start over again. I think that would've been before 10.2.1, but now I can't remember which version introduced picture password..

09-26-14 09:33 AM
    Okay. That sounds logical.

Why the third party app as opposed to BlackBerry Link?

There was an episode back this January that his phone went through the five picture password attempts without him knowing, and it asked him for his old password, which he couldn't remember at all, so consequently the phone was wiped then. He had to start over again. I think that would've been before 10.2.1, but now I can't remember which version introduced picture password..

I suggested the 3rd party app because with that the data can be backup wirelessly and can be restored the same way. And there's no option with Link to restore items without selecting everything. Sometimes, the bug would come back via link restore.

Posted via CB10
    BPCovill likes this.
    09-26-14 09:56 AM
    Thank you very much for your help. I'll recommend it to him and perhaps try it on my own Z10 as well.

09-26-14 12:06 PM