The phone is a Blackberry Bold 9900, later edition.

What my question is, is about the localstorage files that the browser uses stored at

BLACKBERRY1\BlackBerry\system\appdata\rim\webstora ge\net_rim_bb_browser_daemon\localstorage

They are saved as .localstorage files.
    What is contained within these files? When I try to open them on my PC they open in notepad as a bunch of chinese characters and I cant quite figure out what they contain. Some are as big as 500kb.

It seems there is one for every website I visit, even if they don't show up in the browser history.

The encoding is iso-8859-1, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Are these files readable after a decoding/with the right software, or is it just jibberish? I can't imagine it's just random characters, it's got to be something usable.

The reason I ask is I have a phone that was hacked and there are some files on there from sites I never visited, and I would like to see what was saved/accessed in these files/on these sites.

If you have any questions, or want one of the files to see if you can cypher any information out of them please let me know. Thanks all!
    08-25-14 02:50 PM
    I think they are just using a java encrpytion, so a decryption would be needed?

bump.
    08-25-14 03:30 PM