I am backing up my Z10 via Link because I need to free up some space on my phone.

I chose to do a custom backup but with the latest version of Link v1.2.3.56 I get some options I am unfamiliar with.

-In the application data, details, I see Blackberry Runtime (2.19 GB)
    -On the bottom I see "include application executables (2.4 GB)

I only want to backup thw items that are "essential" in order to free up some spacke. I do not mind reinstalling all my apps. I just want to keep the personal data from the apps I use like custom settings, high scores, etc.

I already transferred all the media files to my external storage (pictures, videos, music, etc).
    08-05-14 09:14 AM
    Back it all up.... that way you know you have everything.

Then back up what you think you only need....

Then do a restore using the selective restore options....

If you don't already, delete any APK's in the downloaded folder on your device. If you are like me and try different free apps and then end up deleting them, you find several GB of APK just sitting there. Of course it doesn't hurt to copy them to your computer, just in case a newer version doesn't work on BB10.
    08-05-14 09:41 AM
    I already deleted the APK files that I previously downloaded. Could the "Blackberry Runtime" in application data, be the actuall android apps installed on my phone?
    08-05-14 10:03 AM
    I already deleted the APK files that I previously downloaded. Could the "Blackberry Runtime" in application data, be the actuall android apps installed on my phone?
    Maybe... I've never had much luck doing a restore, the few times I did I ended up with contact issues. Other then games, I really don't have much of an issue with not doing a restore.

But as LINK does now restore info and Apps for Android Apps and Games I imagine that is what the Runtime data is.
    08-05-14 10:38 AM