I have always been a BB fan but have not owned a 'smartphone' for a number of years (the last such phone I owned was a BB Q10). I need a phone for business use again and I am strongly tempted by the Blackberry Classic, particularly as BB has recombined the physical keyboard and the trackpad. However, in light of recent news about BB10 potentially only having a 2 year life span and BB moving towards the Android market, I am wondering whether it is still worth buying? I cannot tell you how much I do not want to buy an Apple OS or Android phone. It is sad that BB seems to have fallen off a cliff quite so dramatically.

Any advice is welcomed!
    04-12-16 02:35 AM
    Don't worry about life span. Having no need for BIS, all BlackBerry 10 devices will live on for years, even with only OS supports and no new BB10 device.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 04-12-16 at 07:41 AM.
    04-12-16 04:58 AM
    Depends what you need it for. If all you need is to text, then the phone doesn't matter.
    But realistically speaking, the latest BlackBerry 10 device already can't keep up with today's requirements. I mean it's fast with the OS, but it's losing app support, and it doesn't even have a proper Facebook app anymore. If we're also talking about the Classic, that's only good for if you're constantly texting, tweeting, and using BBM.

As much as I didn't like leaving BlackBerry 10, it's a sinking ship. There's no reason to board it even if it's a nice ship that you can salvage what's left because you can purchase a more modern phone that can be alive and active for two more years and expect average functionality for about three more (Though, probably expensive).

The Priv isn't a bad choice.
    I recently switched to Android and I still own both a Z30 (Which I use from time to time just at home to stream on my TV) and a Z10, and what I can say is that once I got used to Android, I realised that the two BlackBerry 10 devices are becoming somewhat inconvenient to use, with apps being broken and not many bug fixes coming into place, and I could say that same problem for the software.

Before the BlackBerry 10 loyalists attack me, I am a fan of BlackBerry 10 as well and I did see so much potential in it, but there's just no point in purchasing BlackBerry 10 anymore. We can still support BlackBerry by buying the Priv which is more likely to keep in date, hitting Marshmallow 6.0.
    04-12-16 05:33 AM
    Yes you should, even BBOS devices still have uses. Enjoy
    04-12-16 05:46 AM
    My wife Still uses the 9700 for texting and talk and charges it once a week .
    04-12-16 06:27 AM
    Depends on you, use the phone for needs / style / prestige.
    04-12-16 06:40 AM
    Go for it. Apps like facebook don't matter. They drain battery and aren't a necessity like texting, phone clarity/service and email is. These 3 things work exceptionally well on the Classic. It feels good on the hand and its a bold phone that you won't be disappointed of.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-12-16 11:02 AM
    Go for it. Apps like facebook don't matter. They drain battery and aren't a necessity like texting, phone clarity/service and email is. These 3 things work exceptionally well on the Classic. It feels good on the hand and its a bold phone that you won't be disappointed of.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    If you don't use Facebook, please say that it does not matter to YOU. To dismiss it as if that applies to everyone is plain stupid. Just the different posts here regarding the importance of Facebook to some people.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 11:23 AM
    If you have gotten along without a smartphone... the Classic will be fine for you.

Now if you are wanting a full smartphone experience that people around you with Android or iPhones are having.... no the Classic isn't a good device to consider. As it's app support is very limited, and the workarounds you can find today... might not work tomorrow.
    04-12-16 11:48 AM