I just got a BB Leap yesterday from the TELUS store. I gave it a full charge overnight, unplugged it at 7:30am this morning, and by 1:30pm, I was down to 30% battery. My Device Monitor shows that "system" is using something like 44% of CPU power while everything else is pretty much on idle. When I stare at the CPU monitor thing, it looks like it goes back and forth from single digit percentages to over 40%. This is my second experiences with BB OS 10.3 draining power like crazy. I had a Z10 since the week it launched in Canada, and when I updated the OS to 10.3 in March, it killed my battery. After a lot of back and forth with TELUS and BlackBerryHelp on Twitter, I ended up getting nowhere and so did a factory wipe of the Z10, installed the developer version of OS 10.2, and had been using the Z10 without battery issues until yesterday. I really, really want the Leap to work properly. Nevermind the 25 hour battery life they're talking about... but I just want it to get me through my 16 hour day. I've loved the pearl, the curve, the bold, the torch, and the Z10. I want to love the Leap. I just need 16 hours... or 14, even. Has anyone else had this happen? I have a friend who has the Z10 on OS 10.3 and it's working perfectly fine on the Rogers network... is it a TELUS thing? a BlackBerry thing? Anything?
    05-25-15 07:31 PM
    Did you restore settings from an earlier device or was it just fresh out of the box and you set it up?
    05-25-15 07:34 PM
    I restored settings from the Z10 when it had the OS 10.3 on. Should I start again from scratch? Or is there any part of the backup that would be safe to restore? Aside from contacts, I could live without the old stuff.
    05-25-15 11:45 PM
    I restored settings from the Z10 when it had the OS 10.3 on. Should I start again from scratch? Or is there any part of the backup that would be safe to restore? Aside from contacts, I could live without the old stuff.
    Use the device switch app available in BlackBerry world. Do not restore.
    That is what is causing your problem.
    05-25-15 11:49 PM
    Well... I unplugged this morning and saw that the battery is expected to last 7 hours on a full charge... so I did a security wipe this morning and started over. Battery has now gone down 8% in the last 40 minutes. I'll wait a few more hours and see how it goes. Has no one else had this problem on the TELUS network?
    05-26-15 11:58 AM
    Battery has now gone down 8% in the last 40 minutes. I'll wait a few more hours and see how it goes.
    Well of course it has.. you just set it up so everything is still synching. Hours isn't going to be much of an indicator. Now that it's set up fresh, give it a day or two and see how it performs.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 12:55 AM
    Thank you both very much for the sage advice! I have now gone 25 hours on single charge! At hour 23, I add the work account that I was more worried about, and it's still sitting at 40% right now. Thank you thank you thank you!
    05-27-15 07:03 PM
    Sounds like a happy customer

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 08:00 PM
    Can u do a full review of the leap and let us all know ur honest opinion, please be honest. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 08:00 PM