So I fell in love with my z10 many moons ago. I have been trying to convince people of the os excellence for years but have been shunned and laughed at.... I see that basically (lets call it what it is) there is no real future for BB10.

I WILL NOT be pigeon holed into IOS AND GOD FORBID ANDROID..

What other suggestions do you have...Sailfish...any others?

It doesn't seem like there are any other revolutions coming down the line os wise...so I want to stick with gestbure based multitasking similar to bb10...please help
    jope28 likes this.
    11-03-15 09:16 AM
    You can try Sailfish, but don't expect it to be like BB10, it's still very young and has a tiny team compared to BlackBerry.
    11-03-15 09:31 AM
    Well. To be fair, my insiders tell me Sailfish is about to have a bigger development team than the BB10 team very shortly. I suspect we should hear more about that soon.

That said it has some limitations and growing pains, I believe they don't have a lot of monetization methods available yet for app developers. But I'm watching it myself, I do suspect they will get a user boost. I'm currently looking at anti piracy plans before I'm willing to make a switch for the majority of my mobile focus to Android. There aren't enough sales to get my attention on Windows (even if it does have 10x our user numbers now). And I'm hostile to the iOS draconian ways (I don't want to downgrade to a macbook for development). So I share your hesitation just from a different perspective.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    11-03-15 09:38 AM
    Windows. Same crap you will get with BB10 but it will be around and will be Windows 10. at least MS has money to throw away. BB doesn't.
    11-03-15 09:38 AM
    There are other mobile OS besides iOS and Android?

Sailfish seems to be what some of the other BB10 true believers are willing to convert too. I think basically all will have to settle on something that isn't really what we want... for me the gestures wasn't that big of a deal, as they worked so differently in the HUB, in Settings, and then with ported Apps... we never really had a consistent "flow". What I did learn from BB10 is I want compatibility... if I go to a conference, and there is a Conference App that I need to use, I want to be able to download and use it right then. If I'm in a store and there is a 5% off coupon if I have the right app... I want to save 5%. And most of those fringe OS are not going to meet my needs in that way.... they might be able to run some Android Apps, but not all.
    11-03-15 09:39 AM
    I have a limited edition Jolla phone, running the latest Sailfish OS 2. It's still not a daily driver, not at all productive like BB10, just good enough to run android apps perfectly even with the inferior specs compared to BlackBerry smartphones. Other tasks lags a lot, opening an app takes a lot of time, camera sucks. Jolla tablet seems to have kickass specs. I'm using it because am one of the 99 people in India to own a limited edition Jolla . And I love a gesture based OS. If BlackBerry 10 was not available, I might have switched to Windows 10, but still W10 is miles behind BB10 in terms of productivity .

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 09:49 AM
    Samsung's "Tizen?" Probably the one to watch.

What is Tizen and what devices will it appear on? - Pocket-lint
    11-03-15 10:21 AM
    I WILL NOT be pigeon holed into IOS AND GOD FORBID ANDROID..
    What is more pigeon-holing than using a smartphone platform with limited hardware options, limited carrier support, severely limited app, media, accessory choices, etc.?
    rthonpm likes this.
    11-03-15 10:39 AM
    Well. To be fair, my insiders tell me Sailfish is about to have a bigger development team than the BB10 team very shortly. I suspect we should hear more about that soon.

That said it has some limitations and growing pains, I believe they don't have a lot of monetization methods available yet for app developers. But I'm watching it myself, I do suspect they will get a user boost. I'm currently looking at anti piracy plans before I'm willing to make a switch for the majority of my mobile focus to Android. There aren't enough sales to get my attention on Windows (even if it does have 10x our user numbers now). And I'm hostile to the iOS draconian ways (I don't want to downgrade to a macbook for development). So I share your hesitation just from a different perspective.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Depends what you class as monetization really, I do develop for Sailfish and I can tell you their App Store QA is very strict when it comes to Apps (strict to the point of basic Qt imports aren't always allowed, feedback 5.0 is one I'm stuck on).

And things like Ads won't go down very well with the users.
    11-03-15 10:54 AM
    You can try Sailfish, but don't expect it to be like BB10, it's still very young and has a tiny team compared to BlackBerry.
    Hopefully it will be more mature by the time BB10 stops being an option.
    I too, am sticking with BB10 for as long as it's practical to do so, but can't picture myself going Android or iOS.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2789 CB10 
    Q10Bold likes this.
    11-03-15 11:03 AM
    Hopefully it will be more mature by the time BB10 stops being an option.
    I too, am sticking with BB10 for as long as it's practical to do so, but can't picture myself going Android or iOS.

Every person I've seen say they can't picture themselves with Android or IOS end up on one or the other eventually
    11-03-15 11:09 AM
    Every person I've seen say they can't picture themselves with Android or IOS end up on one or the other eventually
    Doubt your prediction will come true with me lol

"After transitioning from legacy OS to BB10, I'm now too much of a fan of the "underdog" OS du jour."

I'll send a steak dinner your way if it were to ever happen lol

"Edited" and added some humor lol

paulwallace1234 likes this.
    11-03-15 11:11 AM
    Doubt your prediction will come true with me lol

I'll send a steak dinner your way if it were to ever happen lol

Hmm I can smell it already lol
    11-03-15 11:13 AM
    I'd just get a Z30 and use it till the wheels fall off. By that time the smartphone landscape may change immensely.
    11-03-15 11:27 AM