Hello,

I'm just on th phone with a friend using my wired Headset which came with my Z30. It's now only 3 Weeks old and I'm using the Headset for the first time now to speak on the phone.

Well, the problem is:

When I speak I hear myself in the headphone through the microphone. Also when I'm moving around and the microphone is bouncing on my clothes I can hear it scratching in the headphones. Same when i touch the microphone I can hear it.

Is there something broken or is ther something wrong with my phone?

I'm on T-Mobile Germany OS 10.2.2.xxxx

I hope anyone can help me.
    Many Thanks in advance
    08-30-14 05:13 PM
    That's a regular behaviour, you will hear yourself during calls with any headset, I do with my V-Moda headphones that have a microphone on the cable. It would be weirder if you didn't, try stuffing your ears with fingers and talking to someone. You need to hear yourself in order to regulate your voice.

The noise of cable touching your clothes is also pretty common, the better insulation makers use for their headphones cables, the less noise you hear, these are just some basic headphones.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ruslan Botsyurko; 08-31-14 at 05:45 AM.
    08-30-14 05:33 PM
    That's a regular behaviour, you will hear yourself during calls with any headset, I do with my V-Moda headphones that have a microphone on the cable. It would be weirder if you didn't, try stuffing your ears with fingers and talking to someone. You need to hear yourself in order to regulate your voice.

The noise of cable touching your close is also pretty common, the better insulation makers use foe their headphones cables, the less noise you hear, these are just some basic headphones.

Posted via CB10
    Erm... Yes.. Hehe that made me laugh actually. The natural part of the hearing myself is absolutely clear, should be clear to everyone.

What I'm experiencing here with these headphones is what I haven't with any headphones I had before.

I don't know how to make it clearer.
    The micrphone of the headset records the sound and I can hear everything the microphone records.
    So through my headphones I am hearing exactly what my friend who I'm on the phone with hears PLUS him speaking which can be very confusing to have a conversation.
    08-30-14 05:45 PM
    I am experiencing the same issues as the Original poster. I am a long time Blackberry user the last device being a BOLD 9900 and this is a new issue which is unique to the Z30. Although I could get used to hearing a slight echo of my voice through the headset when I talk, the loud cracking / popping heard if the headset shifts or moves even a millimeter during the call is not acceptable. This might seem inconsequential to the average Joe, but asking other participants to repeat themselves 3, 4 or 5 times during calls because I couldn't hear them over the noise of my own mic is ludicrous. Although I am on the phone more than 1 hour a day for work (meetings and conference calls) as it stands now, using a headset is not an option.

Add to the list OS 10's lack of a viable spell check option (spell check before pressing send) and the missing Red Bold PIN2PIN font in the HUB constantly remind me it is was a mistake upgrade to the Z30. To put this in a real world power user perspective, since upgrading to the Z30, I have sent more emails with typos (autocorrect and grammar) in the last 30 days than in 7 years with other devices. I've also missed a handful of important PIN2PIN messages as these messages are harder to see in the HUB as they aren't BOLD RED in the main window. Coupled with being forced to hold the Z30 to my ear with one hand or pinched between my ear and shoulder which results in neck pain after 20 minutes and not being able to type or multitask with both hands during calls make this a deal breaker.

I presume a later revision or release of the operating system should fix this. I sincerely hope this happens sooner rather than later. Power-users beware, although the Z30 is much faster, has amazing battery life and is all around easier to look at but it just is not ready for real world business usage.

Al
    Last edited by moraisalain; 03-15-15 at 06:29 AM.
    03-14-15 07:36 AM