Hubby (who is not too tech savvy), has an iPhone 5. Mainly he uses it as a phone, for emails, texts, pictures, and occasional web surfing. It is getting old, and battery life is getting even worse than normal :-}. I am his "IT" person.

I'm considering giving him my Q10, which is almost new as I got it as a replacement a year ago, but stopped using it when I got the Z10, then Z30. I hope I can teach him how to use it. My plan is to set it up for him, then let him play with it on WIFI till he gets used to it. I will not steal the SIM from his beloved iPhone 5 yet. (he might like the Z10 better, but will still have the battery issue, except that he can carry a spare).

So far I have removed my accounts and added his to avoid confusion. All my outlook contacts are still there. I can put whatever pictures he wants on the SD card. He doesn't use the calendar.

My question is, what is the easiest way to transfer his iPhone contacts to the Q10? Only a few came over from his AT&T Yahoo email account. I was thinking of importing all his phone contacts to the Yahoo website, but when I started to do that, Yahoo wanted too much other information. I checked out BB Link, but that seems to only switch devices from BlackBerry to BlackBerry. Am I missing something? Should I go through iTunes. on my PC?

Thanks in advance for your help.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    05-22-15 03:04 PM
    I would recommend using a cross platform app called Device Switch. Install it on both devices, and Bob is you Uncle!
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    05-22-15 03:08 PM
    I would recommend using a cross platform app called Device Switch. Install it on both devices, and Bob is you Uncle!
    Is it on BB world? I will check it out. Thanks.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    05-22-15 03:10 PM
    Found it and downloaded it. Thanks!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    05-22-15 03:13 PM
    Also, be sure to wipe the Q, before passing it along as this will prevent problems when he wants to establish his BBID.

Posted via CB10
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    05-22-15 05:33 PM
    Also, be sure to wipe the Q, before passing it along as this will prevent problems when he wants to establish his BBID.

Posted via CB10
    I did think of that. But I was wondering if there is any problem with just letting him use my BB ID. That way we can share apps etc. He won't use BBM, but I don't either.
    Will that work with a different SIM card?

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    05-22-15 07:33 PM
    I did think of that. But I was wondering if there is any problem with just letting him use my BB ID. That way we can share apps etc. He won't use BBM, but I don't either.
    Will that work with a different SIM card?

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    It will work since you don't use BBM. I have three devices all signed in w/ my bbid so I can have all my apps on all devices.

Passport & Z30 & Q10 just b/c I do.
    Can't imagine life without Blackberry
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    05-22-15 10:33 PM