Hi. I'm new to blackberry coming from iPhone I wanted to know what apps or if any tweaks how to customise my blackberry passport. Is it safe to download playstore android one as I read it can be done.the permissions on android apps mean anything on blackberry?as its different os. If there is a place to get useful info please direct me as its first time with blackberry. Thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 02:38 PM
    Search for Playstore and SNAP int eh forums.
    03-31-15 02:51 PM
    "Is it safe to download playstore android one as I read it can be done.the permissions on android apps mean anything on blackberry?as its different os."

Security wise, you probably already know: Android apps run sort of in a container that prevents them from corrupting OS files. If you're concerned about privacy, pay close attention at permissions requested by the Android apps. Once installed, those permissions may not be managed as BlackBerry native app can. Of course, you can always remove the those apps at a later time.

If apps is what you crave for and want to venture into Android, yes I would suggest use Cobalt's fix. I honestly don't trust 1Mobile. Snap is nice but it does not give you the controls you may get if using Cobalt's fix.
    Really simple to be taken care of. If I had the time to read the long thread to install Cobalt's solution I would have. But I didn't need to.
    I strongly recommend you patching some apps, if you are interested in going the extra mile, to make better use of the Android apps.
    Google Play Store for BlackBerry 10 [Read first post for instructions]
    03-31-15 09:03 PM
    Just get an android phone if you're keen on running mostly android apps on your BlackBerry device.

Will save you a lot of aggravation.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 11:30 PM
    QNX4ALL thanks for reply. Yes my main concern is app permissions. I don't want android apps on my phone just a few chess games that are not available in BlackBerry store

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 03:17 AM
    Byes wow what a suggestion
    Not

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    04-01-15 03:21 AM
    OP,

I just came across a thread where a "Permissions Manager" Android app is mentioned.
    Amazon apps permissions

I personally have not tried it. Two drawbacks are that it it needs OS 10.3 (because it has the 4.3 Android device), and that once permissions are changed on an app, that MAY render it useless. Worth the try, perhaps!
    04-02-15 12:26 AM