I plan on buying an unlocked BlackBerry Passport when it is released and I have a quick question regarding VPN clients. I currently use Internet Private Access VPN on my Galaxy SIII via the IPA app they have in the google play store. I see the Internet Private Access VPN app on the Amazon app store. So does that mean I will be able to use the VPN client on my blackberry via the app that IPA provides in the Amazon app store? IPA doesn't have a blackberry app available.
    09-11-14 01:39 PM
    I believe the one in amazon store will be able to download and use. Might have to have a passport unlocked.
    09-11-14 01:51 PM
    I use IPA too however I tried the IPA app from snap and it doesn't seem to work with my z10.

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Z10
    09-11-14 01:54 PM
    Interesting, I know that the client pretty much interacts with the OS itself, which may be why it may be a no go. If it does end up working with the newer BlackBerry's I'll be happier than a pig in $#!t.
    09-11-14 01:56 PM
    I just tried the one from amazon app store and it doesn't work either.

molonlabe2a likes this.
    09-11-14 02:06 PM
    I just tried the one from amazon app store and it doesn't work either.

Damn! Thanks for trying.
    09-11-14 02:09 PM
    I was able to get the PIA proxy setting to work with ttorrent on my z10. It's not as good but it's something.

Also I believe pureVPN supports BlackBerry but I haven't read any reviews on them yet as to whether they log your activity and easily pass it on when they DMCA request.

09-11-14 04:09 PM
    I was able to get the PIA proxy setting to work with ttorrent on my z10. It's not as good but it's something.

Also I believe pureVPN supports BlackBerry but I haven't read any reviews on them yet as to whether they log your activity and easily pass it on when they DMCA request.

Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical of most VPN services, I like how you can use gift cards to purchase the service anonymously with IPA as well as their reputation of not logging your activity in any way. I have a flashed ASUS router with tomato firmware that has IPA installed on it at my home. I could always just VPN back to my home network from my Passport when I get it and have the VPN encryption that way.
    09-11-14 06:17 PM
    Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical of most VPN services, I like how you can use gift cards to purchase the service anonymously with IPA as well as their reputation of not logging your activity in any way. I have a flashed ASUS router with tomato firmware that has IPA installed on it at my home. I could always just VPN back to my home network from my Passport when I get it and have the VPN encryption that way.
    For your reference....

http://www.vpnjournal.com/purevpn-review/

Maybe PIA will work on 10.3 as the android runtime is supposed to be improved.

molonlabe2a likes this.
    09-11-14 06:34 PM