Hello
    I have yesterday shifted to BB Classic from Bold 9900. I have stopped BIS399 Plan and started Normal 3G Data Plan form Idea Cellular, Gujarat, India.
    Since i started and inserted SIM, i am not able to connect to Internet. it shows error APN verification failed and reset APN. I tried every setting asked by the Service provider but still no solution..

Can someone help!!!

Regards, Aniruddh
    05-10-15 02:14 AM
    Hello
    I have yesterday shifted to BB Classic from Bold 9900. I have stopped BIS399 Plan and started Normal 3G Data Plan form Idea Cellular, Gujarat, India.
    Since i started and inserted SIM, i am not able to connect to Internet. it shows error APN verification failed and reset APN. I tried every setting asked by the Service provider but still no solution..

Can someone help!!!

Regards, Aniruddh
    You say you've tried "everything" asked for by the service provide but haven't told us what that consisted of.

In any case, APN settings are found in system settings -> networks and connections -> mobile network -> APN (button at the bottom)

Ask a friend with a working phone on your service provider's network to show you their configuration and then copy it to your device.
    05-10-15 03:44 AM
    You say you've tried "everything" asked for by the service provide but haven't told us what that consisted of.

In any case, APN settings are found in system settings -> networks and connections -> mobile network -> APN (button at the bottom)

Ask a friend with a working phone on your service provider's network to show you their configuration and then copy it to your device.
    Thanks. Same thing I did what u suggested. Service Provider told me the Settings are okay as they need to check it with their Technical support Team!!!!

Posted via CB10 by BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2576 in India
    05-10-15 06:14 AM
    If nothing else works...

Maybe Idea still requires a BIS plan for BB10? I know some carriers do, albeit none of them are Indian.
    05-10-15 10:26 AM
    I face the same issue with Idea Maharashtra. Trust me idea technical support has no idea about it, neither the gprs department nor their blacberry support division.
    The input is supposed to be:
    APN: internet
    Username: (blank)
    Password: (blank)

I once tried this:
    APN: internet
    Username: guest
    Password: guest
    Authentication type: PAP

And restarted my BB passport and it worked. Try it might work for you as well.

But later without any changes to these settings same old issue came up again. Tried the reset no go. Changed saved and restarted still no go.

The nano sim when inserted in another device (not blackberry) the data connection works fine.
    All am yet to check is other sim in my bb device.
    02-21-16 06:18 PM