Hi everyone, I recently purchased a new blackberry 9700 which obviously had bbm preinstalled. I had various issues setting it up do decided to delete it and attempt to reinstall in order to rectify the issues(turns out I just needed to add a sim card hence why it doesnt work :-P).
    Unfortunately, I cannot seem to locate bbm on the appstore and whenever I attempt to download from the blackberry site, I follow the bbm link for v5.0-7.0 which redirects me to the bbm download link but points out my device is not compatible.

Any help is most appreciated, I am a regular android user therefore blackberry ui is completely alien to me.

Thanks

gee
    04-24-15 06:30 PM
    Try downloading BBM from here: RROYY - APPLICATIONS

Make sure you grab the correct version for your OS (OS5 or 6)
    04-24-15 08:48 PM
    tried downloading on my computer but my mac doesnt recognise it, is this file for pc only?. Tried to access web link on my blackberry but the bb browser cant handle the loading times and opera begins 5 sec countdown and stays stuck on 1 sec :-(. Considering upgrading the the classic.............
    04-25-15 06:22 AM
    A Classic would be an upgrade from the 9700 since that device is rather old. Have you tried installing the Desktop Software for the 9700 and tried to re-install the OS with that?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:30 AM
    tried downloading on my computer but my mac doesnt recognise it, is this file for pc only?
    The file's actually an OTA download, so you get it straight on your phone and install it.
    04-25-15 09:37 AM
    I ahve desktop software but how do I reinstall the os???, i saw a list of applications under the applications box but no sigh of bbm
    04-25-15 07:38 PM
    i bluetoothed the file from my pc to my blackberry but the download keeps failing. A bit of a shame! but ultimately am I losing a great deal of the blackberry exp without bbm?. As far as I am aware, none of my friends use blackberry or bbm. I do tend to use whatsapp predominately as my daily means of messaging, and I am certain both apps have similar features?.
    04-27-15 06:07 PM
    04-30-15 03:21 AM