Hi guys

So I accendently installed super mario bros 3 by happy world via 1mobile market, like a dummy I was installing a lot of games and didn't realise till after.

I got 100% download but it wasn't complete so I cancelled it, so because I didn't know at the time it could be harmful I tried again, I noticed the icon of the game was on my phone where all my other apps are, but I didn't open the game and as soon as I realised it was potentially harmful I deleted it without even opening at all, i then downloaded AVG anti virus to scan and see if everything was ok and nothing was found.

I also noticed a file in my file manager titled protected media file, with 0 items in it, but I can't open it as it says I don't have permission to access it, but from searching Google for that file, it's a file that comes with the phone from my understanding

But I am still really worried, is everything ok? or have I got a virus somewhere still on my passport, only had it for a day aswell

Please can someone reassure me, that yes I am a dummy, but a dummy whose phone is ok lol.

Sorry for rambling.

Thank you all in advance

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 09:35 PM
    The Android runtime on BlackBerry 10 is sandboxed and separated from the system apps on your phone. Extensive damage would be exceedingly rare. IF you had a truly malicious app, likely all that would be affected are some other Android apps... absolute worst case if you gave the app permission to access your contacts or shared files you could have some phissing.

In all likely hood. You'll be just fine.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 09:59 PM
    Thanks for the reply just_luc

You right it's probs nothing, because like I said I didn't even open the app, once it was installed and AVG virus scan found nothing!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 11:46 PM
    BlackBerry guardian label apps as being "suspicious" and "potentially" dangerous .. it could be a false alarm but I still think it's better that you removed it

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.821
    11-05-14 01:23 AM