This seems to be a question that was addressed in a few posts in 2013 and a lot of threads here on this forum.

I want to be able to download any android app, and so far I've only found a tutorial of how to do this with OS Mavericks for mac, not OS Yosemite.

I just switched back to blackberry yesterday from having an iphone for 6 years, so I have a ton of questions but this is the most general way to get the apps I want, as far as I know.

Targeted apps: snapchat and instagram (real version)

Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 11:52 AM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

As of OS 10.2.1 which came out early 2014, Android apps can now be directly loaded onto BB10 device without sideloading it from a computer. As of OS 10.3.1 which has been rolling out since early 2015, the Amazon Appstore even comes pre-installed alongside BlackBerry World. You can also add other Android app stores if you like.

Not all will work. You'll have trouble with most apps that use Google Play Services or some larger games, for example.

You can download an Android apk file onto your BB from online or from an Android app store.
    04-22-15 12:34 PM
    Thank you so much! I will be sure to update my info as soon as possible, another quick question: is there any way on this app to see what you've posted and who's replied? I haven't been able to find it so I had to go back and find this thread by hand to see your answer.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 05:24 PM
    You can head to amazon.com on your phone and download their app store if it did not come pre-installed, and you can use that to find some apps.

You can also download Snap from the forums. Then download Sachesi on your Mac, connect your phone to your computer, open Sachesi and go to the install tab and drag the Snap.bar to that tab. Then, on your phone, open Snap and log in using your Google account, you'll have access to the Google play store where most apps will work (except most that require google services). Instagram works great, and there is also Inst10 and iGrann in Blackberry app world for native instagram. Snapchat is a different story.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:29 PM
    I use the Google Chrome extention "PlayBook/bb10 manager" it's seemless and requires minimal effort when installing .bar files (I recommend you install snap V3 from http://redlightoflove.com/snap/)
    As for android apps, with the latest os you can go ahead and install them right on your BlackBerry by just opening the file you downloaded.

Instagram works brilliantly, however you will have issues getting snapchat to work (they seem to hate BlackBerry users atm) but there is work around to get it working, just search snapchat in the forums and theres plenty of guides on installing android apps, getting snapchat to work and installing the Google playstore

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 06:47 PM
    Thank you so much! I will be sure to update my info as soon as possible, another quick question: is there any way on this app to see what you've posted and who's replied? I haven't been able to find it so I had to go back and find this thread by hand to see your answer.

Posted via CB10
    If you slide out the menu from the right (or tap the three little dots in the lower right hand corner) while you're in the forum section you should see a participated option. Choose that to see what threads you've created or contributed to - the bold ones contain unread updates.

If you swipe down with one finger from the top of the screen while in the CB app you'll also find an area under general where you can customize notifications a bit more.
    Install Android apps on Classic using Mac Yosemite?-img_20150422_203034.png

Install Android apps on Classic using Mac Yosemite?-img_20150422_203052.png

Posted via my gorgeous red Passport
    04-22-15 07:33 PM