I now understand what happens when an innocent person is framed by the law. At work, a fellow worker filed a workplace harassment charge against me for sending an inappropriate email because he deemed it vulgar even though I told him by return email it was a mistake because of happy keys or pocket dial. There has not been any history of bad vibes between us. I have never used any profanities or vulgar acronyms or social media language. The sad thing is that HR believes this guy. HR documented it is technically impossible to unintentionally to send such an email. They should use reasonable doubt to show that if it is technically possible to 'pocket dial' and send an email by mistake. I absolutely did not compose this email and never sent it intentionally. It happened to be in Outlook draft form when I left work and it stayed in draft form on my BBerry email. The Z10 was in a tight Jeans pocket with my house keys.

The exact (entire) email is shown below (cut and pasted). The letters that were unintentionally keyed in were the 'al' after Bahamar, the '5', the space on a new line, the 'Q" on a new line, the 'W' in sent, and the 'qqh' in the middle of network. Names and IDs have been removed for obvious reasons. If you are a Blackberry expert please help me by showing me in detail how it is possible that this could happen. I will be forever grateful. You can send your response to artnrt@gmx.com. Thank you very much in advance.

Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:11 PM
    To: the Complainant
    Subject: Re: Processing Proposal to Bahamaral

Q

SeWnt from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the PHONE Co. 's netqqhwork.

Me
    09-19-14 05:18 PM
    Use a holster and don't place screen against your leg un-holstered.
    He seems a very week person to be offended by something like this. If he is pursuing something then he may have an issue with you in general, this seems to trivial to be get offended by.

Z3 Powered by QNX
    kbz1960 and artberry88 like this.
    09-20-14 02:04 AM
    You got in trouble for this? And I thought the people at my job were stupid geesh!!!! Lol i would fight it there's nothing offensive about this what so ever. You didn't even accidentally type a bad word smh

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 02:22 AM
    Open hub
    Place phone in pocket with screen on
    Leg taps compose
    Leg selects an account
    Compose screen opens with keyboard open
    Leg tap a letter
    Leg taps upper part of the screen

Etcetc

....have young kids?
    It's probably more likely it was your kid
    artberry88 likes this.
    09-20-14 02:31 AM
    How is the email offensive may I ask?

Work Wider.
    artberry88 likes this.
    09-20-14 02:43 AM
    I'm sorry but...am I missing something? I'm not so expert at US acronym and idioms, is something wrong with "qq" or "5/q"? Or the problem is how they could have been typed by the mistake? Is second, then I agree with previous comments, she/he had a problem with you and wanted to set you up! Unless Q have a special meaning to him/her!
    On that note... there is no need to be an expert to prove touch keyboard can be pressed by mistake..you just need to buy a BlackBerry full touch device, it takes care of the rest all by itself even physical keybords can be pressed by accident in tight jeans!

From Z10 with love
    artberry88 likes this.
    09-20-14 04:05 AM
    There is an app called unsend email in the blackberry world! Use it

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 04:09 AM
    1. The email you posted is obviously nonsense.
    2. The email is not vulgar.
    3. You provided an explanation, HR must clarify their position. Ask them for the independently produced scientific study that proves conclusively that this cannot happen, or if not forthcoming, ask for their investigative methodology that proves the same.

Sorry to say this to you op, but if they are making a circus over this, they may just be making excuses... : (
    STV0726 and artberry88 like this.
    09-20-14 05:32 AM
    I now understand what happens when an innocent person is framed by the law. At work, a fellow worker filed a workplace harassment charge against me for sending an inappropriate email because he deemed it vulgar even though I told him by return email it was a mistake because of happy keys or pocket dial. There has not been any history of bad vibes between us. I have never used any profanities or vulgar acronyms or social media language. The sad thing is that HR believes this guy. HR documented it is technically impossible to unintentionally to send such an email. They should use reasonable doubt to show that if it is technically possible to 'pocket dial' and send an email by mistake. I absolutely did not compose this email and never sent it intentionally. It happened to be in Outlook draft form when I left work and it stayed in draft form on my BBerry email. The Z10 was in a tight Jeans pocket with my house keys.

The exact (entire) email is shown below (cut and pasted). The letters that were unintentionally keyed in were the 'al' after Bahamar, the '5', the space on a new line, the 'Q" on a new line, the 'W' in sent, and the 'qqh' in the middle of network. Names and IDs have been removed for obvious reasons. If you are a Blackberry expert please help me by showing me in detail how it is possible that this could happen. I will be forever grateful. You can send your response to artnrt@gmx.com. Thank you very much in advance.

Q

Me
    Use password lock for ur device.
    It happened with me also. Z10 in pockets, and there were some text and mails drafted by it.

After that I started using device password.
    artberry88 likes this.
    09-20-14 05:45 AM
    Where are you OP? Based on what you've provided, no right minded HR person would give this complaint a second thought in the US (beyond simply asking you about it), even if it was sent intentionally. And certainly not if you've explained it was sent accidentally. Perhaps you've left out some details.

By the way: framed by the law? Do you really understand?
    Last edited by Genghis2k3; 09-20-14 at 06:06 AM.
    09-20-14 05:53 AM
    5 Q, really?

Wtf does that mean? Nothing I couldn't see this being offensive or vulgar in any language. I don't see a case here at all. But I'm not a lawyer or hr rep.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 06:23 AM
    Use password lock for ur device.
    It happened with me also. Z10 in pockets, and there were some text and mails drafted by it.

After that I started using device password.
    09-20-14 06:30 AM
    thanks so much fr your reply. if you have specific example(s) similar to mine, please take few minutes to tell me. the situation at work is killing me and affecting my sleep, health, reputation etc. I cannot walk away ... so more info. the better
    09-20-14 06:34 AM
    If your HR doesn't believe you even after seeing this completely funny & 'makes-no-sense' email, then I think you should sue the HR. Also, complain about his/her incompetence to understand these scenarios to top level management.

I have nothing else to say. Even a 10yr old would understand that this was an unintentional email.

Q

Me

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 06:56 AM
    Only thing I can see is this guy trying to make it mean F you. That would be a huge stretch.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    artberry88 and scorpion931024 like this.
    09-20-14 02:01 PM
    Use password lock! Find a lawyer! Take care.

Posted via CB10
    artberry88 likes this.
    09-20-14 02:04 PM
    If anyone has personal examples of sending emails by pocket email mistake or have links to such examples or Blackberry acknowledgment that this happens, please reply or private email me. I want to be prepared for anything. I am comforted by the 100% support from the 15+ respondents over the past 24 hours. You all agree that this was a nonsense errant email . Thanks very much.
    09-21-14 04:21 PM
    I'm in Toronto Canada on the Rogers network. What I meant is that HR is like the Police Dept. It is supposed to enforce the laws and treat all people in its jurisdiction fairly and equally. Not in this case ... based on the evidence before it.
    09-21-14 04:27 PM
    Hey Op,

couple of things to look at is it possible to send an email inadvertently possibly. Is this near impossible to argue... YES.

What can you argue, firstly, what was your intent with an email of such an obscure nature if there is no history of malice between the two of you why send it. Also if you were send it why be so cryptic? Well thats an easy one so you can fall back to the i didnt mean it argument. so how do you get around this? Also relatively easy to argue, it was purely an accident there was no malicious intent or any attempt to cause hurt on your part. I would go for the official apology and let the whole thing fall over.I would be surprised if this was a dismissible offence. Moreover, I would challenge the dismissal as harsh and unjust.

So organise a meeting with HR and the other stakeholder, apologise for any ill feelings and move on.

If you want me to review any other documentation that you have received feel free to send it through happy to help.

all the best

CO
    artberry88 likes this.
    09-21-14 04:47 PM
    I use screen/ device lock

I also use a holster no matter how "uncool "it might be.

Since I use these, I have never sent an "unintentional " email. That being said and I'm not sure of the laws regarding HR up in Canada, but you may want to look into filling an EEO (Equal Opportunity) claim as it appears to be a Hostile Work Environment based on what you have said HR is doing.

I'm not a lawyer but went through a Hostile Work Environment claim myself a number of years back.

Good luck and let us know how things pan out.

Posted from my Rockin Z10 - HOORAH
    artberry88 likes this.
    09-21-14 04:55 PM
    you genius :O
    Five qiu = f*** you
    oh my GOD )
    09-28-14 10:44 AM