My BB9900 is switched off but the red indicator light continues to blink in the following pattern: one red blink-small pause- then 3 successive blinks...pause and repeat the sequence. I can not turn the BB on and the soft reset doesn't work. I just installed a new battery so I don't think that is the problem.

I get the same sequence of red indicator lights even when plugged into the charger.

Any suggestions ? Thanks.
    06-20-14 04:12 AM
    Hi you can try to read that thread I linked you to for some answers

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 5 via Tapatalk Pro
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    06-20-14 04:21 AM
    Sounds like a corrupt file from your last install.
    Did you recently install an updated OS? If so, Back up and do a new install.

or Did you recently install any new apps?

Really can't give you any help without more information about your device, the current OS when you fist had this issue and what you may have done just prior to this issue.
    06-20-14 04:25 AM
    Hi you can try to read that thread I linked you to for some answers

Sent from my Asus ZenFone 5 via Tapatalk Pro
    Hi Z!
    I swear, you always do this to me. If really gotta learn how to type faster!
    06-20-14 04:27 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. No, I have never installed any apps on the device and have never updated the OS since the phone was purchased.
    06-20-14 05:28 AM
    Thanks, I read the threads that you posted but none of them resolved the problem.

It's a constant blinking sequence: red blink, pause, then 3 red blinks. Keeps repeating this sequence.

The phone is off and none of the restart tricks seem to work. And it doesn't seem to matter whether I'm connected to the PC or simply the charger.
    06-20-14 07:37 AM
    Sounds like a hardware issue, then.
    Either that, or it's gotta be the puppy chow!

There is one other thing you might try.
    A Flashlight is a perfect example. Sometimes, the batteries aren't seated right and the light acts unstable...so
    you hit it a few times and the problem disappears right?

Try (at your own risk.... have to say that) dropping your device , gently, on a soft carpeted area or hit it with that faulty flashlight.
    I know I'm stretching a bit here but the problem came out of nowhere... maybe a good jolt will do the trick!

In it's present condition, whadaya got to lose?

Of course,reinstalling or updating your device to the present OS wouldn't be a bad idea either and would, no doubt, fix the issue.
    and it would rule out any problems with the puppy chow, too!

06-20-14 02:05 PM