Hello, I am planning on ordering the Passport Silver Edition; unfortunately the bundle option is only available in the crackberry Canada store and I live in the US. My question is, if I order it to a US address from the crackberry Canada store, do I have to pay any import tax on it or something like that?
    08-13-15 12:22 PM
    Yep...and no one can tell you much it will be exactly, it's up to customs and their valuation.
    08-13-15 12:35 PM
    Should be duty-free due to NAFTA agreements. http://m.dutycalculator.com/new-impo...ils/194336799/

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic AND Passport!!!
    08-14-15 06:44 AM
    Should be duty-free due to NAFTA agreements. Import duty & taxes calculation result
    Interesting. I'm routinely sending stuff to Canada and the addressee insists I use USPS because FedEx gets checked more often and he has to pay to get it released. Wouldn't the agreements be bi-directional?
    08-14-15 02:02 PM
    Interesting. I'm routinely sending stuff to Canada and the addressee insists I use USPS because FedEx gets checked more often and he has to pay to get it released. Wouldn't the agreements be bi-directional?
    I think it depends on what it is, weirdly. I bought a piece of lingerie that came from Canada, for my wife, and actually got this embarrassing call from both Canadian and US customs (simultaneously) with them arguing about an import tax to the US because anything made from "fabric" is taxable. But not if going to Canada. (The girl on the Canadian side was laughing her azz off while the American was acting like Scott Walker).
    raino likes this.
    08-14-15 03:41 PM
    I don't know all the ins-and-outs but I've never paid a duty fee for anything I've purchased online from Canada, and I live in the.U.S. I frequently will buy things on amazon.ca to take advantage of the currency difference, since the usd goes further than the cad at the moment. Although, the majority of items have been electronics, but I've never had to pay an import fee. *knock on wood*

In addition, I don't know why, but when I'll comparison shop, even when considering the currency difference, the exact same items I'm usually able to locate on amazon.ca for a cheaper price than amazon.com

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic AND Passport!!!
    08-14-15 11:42 PM