I am interested in the Blackberry Mercury, but previously had to abandon both Blackberry and Android (yes, I know the Mercury runs Android) as having once been an IOS user, iMessage now forever intercepts and prevents me from receiving group messages. I know how to and I have deregistered from iMessage before switching out my sim, but that only allows one on one text conversations to get through. Group messages just never arrive. I know this is a common problem, but despite diligently trying, I cannot find a solution. Some suggest to have every person I happen to be in a group message with delete the thread and start again or to have everyone I know switch to a third party app. Neither approach is practical or realistic. I did have an idea - if I switch my cell number to one that was never registered with iMessage, does anyone know if that could/would do the trick? I am happy to change if I knew it would work, but since it will be a logistical nightmare in the beginning, I don’t really want to try it unless I know that it will work. Any help in this regard would be tremendously appreciated.
    02-20-17 01:02 PM
    Wow ... I don't know if this is the right forum for technical support on the iPhone. Perhaps we may have some iPhone users that also have BlackBerrys, and you may get the answer you need, but you may be better asking this question on the iPhone sister site (iMore). Hopefully someone can help, but I would be more inclined to try iMore first.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-20-17 01:06 PM
    Thanks, but this (and androidcentral) is the right place to find the answer, I just hope one exists. The heading of the question was inarticulate for it is not really help with iMessage, but how to get away from iMessage. It is a problem that only people who once used iMessage and now want to us an android or a blackberry face, so imore will not be of any help.
    02-20-17 01:22 PM
    Wait so you think switching your phone number is more practical then asking people in your group text to delete the chat to see if that works? Must be some pretty important discussions going on.
    02-20-17 02:01 PM
    Ha, hardly. But the reality is people won't go through their phones and delete every single group message that I was a part of, but if i change my number, they will update and input that information. It is actually easier for them. I also heard of an iMessage.Apk for android, but I am worried that isn't legit and just a way for people to steal my iPhone login information etc.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-20-17 02:13 PM
    Thanks, but this (and androidcentral) is the right place to find the answer, I just hope one exists. The heading of the question was inarticulate for it is not really help with iMessage, but how to get away from iMessage. It is a problem that only people who once used iMessage and now want to us an android or a blackberry face, so imore will not be of any help.
    But when stepping away from an OS, isn't it easier to ask on the forum/site that represents the OS you are leaving? I mean, when folks were leaving BlackBerry ...we were seeing a ton of messages of folks asking how to get their contacts to transfer, or how to keep their whatsapp convos, or their SMS messages, etc. So I don't see it as any different? I think those that know iMessage the best (which would be iMore), will be able to tell you how to remove yourself from it. Just like I think this site would be the best to tell you how to remove your BBID from a BlackBerry device. Just saying...
    02-20-17 03:24 PM
    Juicie, I think you are missing the point. People on iphones/ios/imessage are not the ones who have the answer as they are not the ones trying to switch to an android/blackberry/windows phone, but still figure out a way to receive messages their friends phones still push through imessage. The answer, if one even exists, will come from a blackberry or android convert who got so frustrated at missing out on messages that they figured out a solution or fix.
    02-20-17 03:30 PM
    Juicie, I think you are missing the point. People on iphones/ios/imessage are not the ones who have the answer as they are not the ones trying to switch to an android/blackberry/windows phone, but still figure out a way to receive messages their friends phones still push through imessage. The answer, if one even exists, will come from a blackberry or android convert who got so frustrated at missing out on messages that they figured out a solution or fix.
    So, in other words, you have some kind of an issue with iMore. Been banned, perhaps?
    02-20-17 03:39 PM
    Not sure why the hostility, but if anyone knows how to deregister a phone from iMessage so that you can get group texts using an android or blackberry, i would greatly appreciate knowing the fix. Thanks.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-20-17 03:43 PM
    Not sure why the hostility, but if anyone knows how to deregister a phone from iMessage so that you can get group texts using an android or blackberry, i would greatly appreciate knowing the fix. Thanks.
    How to disable and deactivate iMessage on iPhone or iPad | iMore
    pkcable likes this.
    02-20-17 03:47 PM
    Thanks, I do greatly appreciate the link, but unfortunately that only allows one on one messages to get through. Even after deregistering, group messages don't work properly. I can send group messages from my q10 or note 4 and while they are received by my friends on iPhones, when those friends reply, I will not get them. Their phones still treat the messages (and my non iPhone) as being connected to iMessage and they just don't come through to my non iPhone device. There is a lot of information on the internet of people having the same problem, but so far no-one has been able to post a solution and I am trying to find the fix so I can use a Mercury as my daily driver in the near future.
    02-20-17 03:55 PM
    Is the problem really the fact that group sms / text messages aren't received? Maybe it's a problem with the way iPhones send group / broadcast messages. I know that when an iPhone user sends me and another iPhone user a broadcast message it doesn't come in on my device as a normally broadcast message would, as if it had been sent from a non iPhone. I think it has something to do with iMessage being used in the Apple devices for broadcasting of iMessages, and them not being able to handle a mixture of iMessage recipients and standard sms recipients at the same time.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    02-20-17 04:47 PM
    Well, the short answer is, there is no fix. There isn't supposed to be a fix, its a way to keep you tied to the apple ecosystem.

People will just have to delete their chats with you, and even then it might not work because group texting is a function of the carrier, as well as device.

Your only "solution" is to use another app that handles group chats, like WhatsApp, BBM, Google Allo, etc.

The other solution is to laugh at Apple users, call them idiots and not reply to their messages until they text you like a normal person. But hey, your results may vary with that.
    02-20-17 05:10 PM
    OP, did you try appleinsider.com? it is very help website and you can post your question there. (Genius bar). I am sure there are kind soul to help you out... (I got a apple manager called me to help me out for factory reset of an early gen ipod...
    02-20-17 06:51 PM
    I'm with him, not sure why anyone is getting I wouldn't quite say hostile, BUT standoffish is the word I would use. Now cut it out! Capisce?
    02-20-17 07:09 PM
    I just checked back through my sms / text message histories and I've received (and interacted with) broadcasts messages from an iPhone before, sent to me (on my z10) and to another iPhone user at the same time. I am not sure why it works in some cases and not in others. For example, I just a few minutes ago tested sending a message from an iPhone4 to myself (z10) and to another BlackBerry (Q10) at the same time and on both the Blackberries the messages were received as ordinary sms / text messages with no awareness of the other addressee. Then, I sent another one from the Q10 to the Z10 and the iPhone4 and same thing, both the Z10 and iPhone4 received them as ordinary sms / text messages with no awareness of the other addressee.

Posted via CB App for Android on Tab4 (interim Playbook replacement)
    02-20-17 07:33 PM
    I

Posted via CB10
    02-20-17 11:54 PM
    Pm me pin 2BF947B8

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 08:28 AM