I'm a little confused about what password my Z30 is asking for. Usually when I want to unlock my screen I'm presented with a numeric keyboard and I enter my device password to unlock.

Now I'm presented with the following screen:

first line says: Enter "Blackberry"
    below that in a red bar it says: Incorrect password (6/10)
    next line is the box to enter a password, then below that cancel and OK buttons.

I've tried putting in what I think is my correct password a number of times and then I get the following:

Warning
    You have entered an incorrect password 5 times. After 10 unsuccessful attempts your device date will be erased.

1. Why is it asking me for this password now?
    2.Can you please confirm it is not asking for my Blackberry ID password?
    3. If I have been putting in an incorrect password how can I reset it?

Thanks, for any help.

Mark
    10-18-16 11:12 AM
    Did you try typing "BlackBerry"?
    Did you try typing "BlackBerry"?
    Mark Mulholland likes this.
    10-18-16 11:40 AM
    that happen when the phone doesn't belong to you
    you are holding a phone that is a brick and there is nothing you can do about it because the Blackberry anti-theft
    if you wipe it you will be stuck on bb id and password screen
    10-18-16 11:46 AM
    After you enter the password wrong 5 times it will ask you to type "Blackberry". This is to ensure that it does not get wiped by your dog, cat or baby playing with. At this point the countdown should freeze until you enter "Blackberry". After you enter BlackBerry you have 5 tries to get your password right.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 11:49 AM
    that happen when the phone doesn't belong to you
    you are holding a phone that is a brick and there is nothing you can do about it because the Blackberry anti-theft
    if you wipe it you will be stuck on bb id and password screen
    Or you forgot your real password because you've been using PIN/picture password the entire time.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-18-16 11:53 AM
    Ok, now I typed blackberry and then it asked me for my device password, and my phone is now unlocked. Thanks.

But I still don't understand why it was asking me for my blackberry password in the first place. And, if I have an incorrect password, how do I reset it?

Thanks,

Mark
    10-18-16 11:54 AM
    Ok, now I typed blackberry and then it asked me for my device password, and my phone is now unlocked. Thanks.

But I still don't understand why it was asking me for my blackberry password in the first place. And, if I have an incorrect password, how do I reset it?

Thanks,

Mark
    When you mess up the regular password entry five times it requires both the actual device password (if it was on PIN/picture/etc.) and for you to enter "blackberry" to make sure you aren't a pocket, dog or something else just randomly pressing buttons.

If you continued to enter a wrong password, it would irreversibly wipe the phone after ten incorrect entries.
    Mark Mulholland likes this.
    10-18-16 12:03 PM

Thanks,

Mark
    You don't want to face an issue with an incorrect password.

If you do, you want to make sure that the email associated with your BBID is still an active email you have access to. You can go to the BBID webportal and send a forgot password email to that account.
    10-18-16 01:11 PM