I cant get wifi calling on my z10 (obviously) with t-mobile but moved into an area without cellular service so I need a booster. With my phone originally being an AT and T (I bought it used and there is an AT and T logo on the back) would I get wifi calling or other better services like a signal booster (t-mobile requires wifi calling for its cellspot)?
    08-02-16 03:27 PM
    You need to talk with T-Mobile... will a signal booster work in your area?

They will probably want to know what phone you are using... and blame any problem on it being a BlackBerry, even though that might not be the issue. The Z10 is not a "supported" phone on T-Mobile.

As for the Z10 is it unlocked?
    WiFi Calling.... you'll have to find out which version of BB10 still supports the T-Mobile WiFi calling as not all did.... bet that 10.3.3 doesn't.
    08-02-16 03:56 PM
    I cant get wifi calling on my z10 (obviously) with t-mobile but moved into an area without cellular service so I need a booster. With my phone originally being an AT and T (I bought it used and there is an AT and T logo on the back) would I get wifi calling or other better services like a signal booster (t-mobile requires wifi calling for its cellspot)?
    As a TMO customer, you can get WiFi calling on any BB10 phone, provided you're running an approved OS version (10.3.2.2789, for example.) You don't need anything else for WiFi calling--except a WiFi signal, obviously.

About TMO's "poor coverage" solutions. They offer three:

1. A router that's said to be pretty good for WiFi calling. If you're like me and have a good enough router of your own, you absolutely don't need this.

2. An LTE signal booster that takes any TMO signal you may have (even if it's "one bar") and boosts it. It's called an LTE signal booster because it can boost up to LTE signals, i.e. if you get one bar of LTE, it will boost that LTE signal. It can't however convert a 2G network signal to LTE.

3. A femtocell solution that drains your WiFi bandwidth to generate a TMO network signal around you, that your phone and up to 15 other phones can connect to. Oh, and you don't have a say in which phones they may be: any TMO customer within 3000 sq. ft. can connect to your "mini-tower."
    08-02-16 04:41 PM
    Do not believe AT&T allows wifi-calling on BB 10 phones. I could be wrong. But it absolutely works on at&t and both the t-mo branded and at&t branded phones are exactly alike... despite a number difference.
    08-02-16 08:31 PM