After using my z30 for two years, I was looking for a BB to replace it since 2 months ago. Passport was to square and to big for me. Priv was to big and do not like sliders. So having decided to leave BB10 (lack of apps), I bought the S7. Great device, very fast, very thin, very bright, great camera, great battery. Have no complaint whatsoever, but, Idont know why....I really miss blackberry.

And now that I'm looking this crackberry page, the BB web page and looking to this new DTEK 50, which looks very well, I dont know whether I should sell my S7 and order the DTEK 50 or keep my s7.

Do you guys think it will be a big mistake leaving a flagship android device for a midrange blackberry device (but in the end, a blackberry device)??. I kow some of you will recommend to download the blackberry services in my S7, but you know, it will not be the same...

Thoughts??
    08-01-16 06:32 PM
    i think it would be a big mistake to leave the S7 for the DTEK50. the phone you have right now is leaps and bounds ahead of the low end BB
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-01-16 06:55 PM
    You need to check out the various forums about dtek50 and not jump to conclusions and/or take as gospel what you hear on the forums - look for Dtek50 reviews by people who've actuall hand hands on experiences -
    I just ran a quick search in my browser and there are bunches out there by tech sites.
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    08-01-16 08:11 PM
    I too have the S7 but I want my Passport, bad thing is I have to use AT&T and that drives me nutz! Back with Verizon and my Passport is missed, still use it on WiFi, like now for instance..

Posted via CB10
    08-08-16 01:18 AM
    Unfortunately vzw doesn't have the passport or dtek so choices are limited. Hence why I had to switch....
    08-08-16 05:44 AM

Do you guys think it will be a big mistake leaving a flagship android device for a midrange blackberry device (but in the end, a blackberry device)??. I kow some of you will recommend to download the blackberry services in my S7, but you know, it will not be the same...

Thoughts??
    Just download the BlackBerry Hub app for Android. The user experience isn't as large a difference between the DTEK50 and S7 in this scenario. When BlackBerry release a higher spec or PKB android device, then you have options to switch hardware.

 Classic via CB
    Last edited by Pixel Spartan; 08-10-16 at 06:59 PM.
    08-08-16 07:05 AM
    Unfortunately vzw doesn't have the passport or dtek so choices are limited. Hence why I had to switch....
    What are you using Jaydee? Local VZW speaks highly of the Priv, but the S7 is a beast.. I have it and use package disabler pro and it removes or disables all for bloat ..
    08-11-16 12:01 AM
    The DTEK50 is not in the league of the S7. You would be making a serious mistake to get the DTEK50. I have read several review of both phone as well as S7 vs iPhone. The S7 came out top of the class!

Posted via CB10
    juanjo322 likes this.
    08-11-16 05:04 AM
    The DTEK50 is not in the league of the S7. You would be making a serious mistake to get the DTEK50. I have read several review of both phone as well as S7 vs iPhone. The S7 came out top of the class!

Posted via CB10
    Mr. Mobile ( Michael Fisher ) has a great review on the S7, only thing I would've liked better is the Priv..
    08-12-16 06:28 PM
    After using my z30 for two years, I was looking for a BB to replace it since 2 months ago. Passport was to square and to big for me. Priv was to big and do not like sliders. So having decided to leave BB10 (lack of apps), I bought the S7. Great device, very fast, very thin, very bright, great camera, great battery. Have no complaint whatsoever, but, Idont know why....I really miss blackberry.

And now that I'm looking this crackberry page, the BB web page and looking to this new DTEK 50, which looks very well, I dont know whether I should sell my S7 and order the DTEK 50 or keep my s7.

Thoughts??
    Obviously since this is Crackberry we will try make you sell your house for a new BlackBerry lol

I don't know if it's true or not since its all just rumours at this point, but there maybe a high end full touch BlackBerry device coming out. Which apparently has a Snapdragon 820 in it.

But honestly, if you are happy with S7 device, keep it. It sounds like you love everything about it. As you have said the DTEK50 will essentially be a downgrade.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    08-13-16 10:38 AM
    I took the plunge and got the Priv on AT&T
    08-14-16 04:25 PM
    Until they can demonstrate (i.e. provide hard evidence) at least one, preferably more example(s) of their enhanced security I don't see a single reason to buy an overpriced Android handset from BlackBerry, until the day comes that the only PKB devices available are running Android.
    08-14-16 05:16 PM
    The issue for me is that I couldn't get certain apps to work well with my passport and they are much needed. In this case, yes it is an android and it has pkb but it's not that bad of a device. Only time will tell what happens
    08-14-16 06:58 PM
    Not everyone are into android. I for one, am not. But to each their own

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    08-15-16 01:55 AM