In February I moved to another state and in order to get the best TV deal I changed my phones from Verizon to AT&T. Verizon erred and didn't close my jet pack until about a week ago. In the interim I used my VSR points to enter several sweepstakes.
    Yesterday I received notification that I had won a $50.00 Overstock gift card. When I went to the web site to claim the card I was told that my account was closed so I couldn't access the site. I then called Verizon since I knew they had had the drawing for the card prior to the closing of my account. When I explained all this to the representative, after a lot of "please let me put you on hold while I check on this" she told me that I was being scammed and Verizon never offered an Overstock Card in a sweepstakes. I am puzzled, I checked the site ([email protected]) and it seems to be legitimate. Doe4s anyone know if it's not legitimate? Does anyone know if Verizon did offer an Overstock gift card in a sweepstakes recently. Thank you
    03-24-17 11:51 AM
    Probably still need to have an active account to claim the reward. Similar concept my company and many others do in regards to bonus/incentive checks, even if say you performed to meet bonus standards in a Jan-Mar period, if the payout is in June and you aren't employed anymore, you don't receive the bonus.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-24-17 12:38 PM