I have no idea what I did really but It was something like.. I went into the settings on the PB and pressed something that made my computer pop up installing more/different drivers and succeeded, seconds after that the Desktop manager detected the PB and all seems fine. I've now connected to WiFi and it's installing the latest OS update although there's ONLY "setup" and Browser on the menu screens, nothing else.

I've found a couple of forum posts where if you drag everything from the dock to below the dock and then drag everything back to the dock it disappears, i did that and it happened, I got an "array" error and rebooted the PB and the browser and Setup are back in the regular places, but why isn't EVERYTHING else coming up?

Why do I only have setup and browser??

*EDIT*

Just finished the update successfully and I think all of the basic apps are here;
    Video chat,
    Calculator,
    File Manager,
    Pictures,
    Adobe Reader,
    Docs To Go,
    Videos,
    Blackberry World,
    Print To Go,
    Accessories Store,
    Bing Maps,
    Help,
    Weather,
    Calendar,
    Zinio,
    Music Store,
    NFB,
    YouTube,
    Clock,
    PressReader,
    Kobo Books,
    Facebook,
    Voice Notes,
    Camera,
    Contacts,
    Music,
    Twitter,
    Messages,
    Setup.
    02-07-16 03:55 PM
    For posterity, having everything deleted except for the Browser means that there's been a security wipe done. Normally the PlayBook redownloads everything else, but in the event that doesn't happen, one can reload the OS with an autoloader/BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    02-07-16 04:12 PM