Hi there my z10 might have a virus , i cant wipe it i cant go into settings or update my software... my data never lasts my battery dies at like 90% i love this phone iv taken it to shops they cant fix it help cause i need it for daily business and i buying a new phone is not an option help ASAP
    05-07-15 02:55 AM
    so you have cabled to your PC, unzipped and loaded a new OS and rebooted and what happens?
    05-07-15 05:20 AM
    The problem with ANY battery and modern phone is this. The OS 'learns' where it thinks the battery level actually is. If you constantly recharge your phone at say, 20% battery remaining, the training of the phone is thrown off and will report improper battery charge amounts.

At least a few times per week, you should ensure the phone is ran down to nothing, and I mean nothing. Make sure its dead. Then do a COMPLETE recharge without interruption (ie dont unplug it). this will keep the phone 'learned' to the proper battery amount and it will report it accurately.
    05-08-15 01:20 PM
    The problem with ANY battery and modern phone is this. The OS 'learns' where it thinks the battery level actually is. If you constantly recharge your phone at say, 20% battery remaining, the training of the phone is thrown off and will report improper battery charge amounts.

At least a few times per week, you should ensure the phone is ran down to nothing, and I mean nothing. Make sure its dead. Then do a COMPLETE recharge without interruption (ie dont unplug it). this will keep the phone 'learned' to the proper battery amount and it will report it accurately.
    Advice for old rechargeable batteries with a "memory" from the 1980s and 90s, but way out of date for modern lithium-ion batteries since the beginning of this century.

Running a Li-ion battery down to nothing on a regular basis as actually the worst thing you can do to it. It can handle a few full drains in its lifetime - after all, things happen where we can't always get to charger right away. But regularly draining it will damage it faster.

I charge mine up all the time if I'm near a charger - especially at work. I sit down, I plug into the USB. The times I go all day without charging, the phone holds it fine.

Of course, it's a Z10, so I only average 10-12 hours, but it's done that since it was brand new.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by joeldf; 05-08-15 at 03:29 PM.
    05-08-15 03:18 PM
    Advice for old rechargeable batteries with a "memory" from the 1980s and 90s, but way out of date for modern lithium-ion batteries since the beginning of this century.

Running a Li-ion battery down to nothing on a regular basis as actually the worst thing you can do to it. It can handle a few full drains in its lifetime - after all, things happen where we can't always get to charger right away. But regularly draining it will damage it faster.

I charge mine up all the time if I'm near a charger - especially at work. I sit down, I plug into the USB. The times I go all day without charging, the phone holds it fine.

Of course, it's a Z10, so I only average 10-12 hours, but it's done that since it was brand new.

Posted via CB10
    incorrect.

First, I'm not talking about the actual BATTERIES memory, I'm talking about the PHONE's idea of the batteries memory. Ever wonder why you have 5% battery life left and your phone dies? Or why you have 0% battery life and the phone lasts another hour? It's because the phone isn't trained to the actual battery; it's internal analysis of the battery percentage is off. This is remedied by completely draining the phone, and then completely charging it.

Second, modern lithium ion batteries have limited charge cycles. What does that mean? You are ruijning your battery just as fast by charging w/ 50% battery power left as you do with 1% battery power left, or even 0% battery power. Every single time you plug that charger in, you eat away at a charge cycle. Might as well just drain it and then charge it, eh? Not to mention, when our batteries "die" in our Blackberries, they are rarely actually dead.. when my battery "dies" I can still power up my phone several times. It might not boot fully to the OS (this is an OS feature to prevent corruption; shuts the phone down if it sees low battery), but none the less it still has enough juice to power the display and attempt to load the OS. Therefore, the better is never actually (or shall I say, rarely) stone dead.

For what it's worth, I've owned 4 Blackberry phones now over the past many years... going on my 5th next month with the Passport. Every. Single. Blackberry. I have drained down completely and then let charge completely and have NEVER had battery issues.
    05-08-15 03:47 PM
    My phone hit as low as 1% two weeks ago on a job site taking a lot of photos (which is a big battery drainer itself), but it stayed on. My phone is nearly two years old, and I've hit that low a few times without an early shutdown, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 05:49 PM
    Put in a wrong password 10 times and type blackberry. Your phone will be wiped.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 10:57 PM