Cannot have a discussion with my Q10 unless I have it on speaker phone
    07-30-15 09:07 PM
    I had this problem with my passport. It could be one of your mics is broken- I know the passport has 4 mics not sure if q10 has multiple.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 11:29 AM
    Well, there is a long answer. And a short answer.

Long answer:

I used to be a fish. A long time ago. I don't know where in human geography but it was a very almost mud like swamp. The water was dark and thick, and I explored every inch of that pond! There was a little hole among the rocks I loved, and in the morning the sun would play across the water in an explosion of colour... It was a fun life, and in human words my name would probably have been cotton tail - you see when I was little my mom would swim with me and I'd hide from her among the cotton tails. And anytime she would see one she would get excited and think of me.

Now I don't know if you know this, but as fish, we can't communicate. We can touch things and something like smelling the water. But most everything is sight. So the most horrifying thing that happens is when eventually, you and your loved ones lose sight of eachother. We can't cry on the outside. I was lucky, I lost my mom very late, after what felt like a lifetime. The very last time I ever saw my mom was while I was hiding in the cotton tails, she never found me that time... And to my last this day I could still smell her faintly in the water whenever I'm near that spot.

Alas, I digress there was a trick we found for talking. I found that if I moved my left flapper really quickly she could feel it. And same with my right! After years we built our own language by just moving our flippers... until one year she hurt her dominant flipper, it made it harder to communicate, and it took forever to heal and understand she was just injured. That was before I ate the worm. And suffocated to death in a boat, under the boot of an angry drunk man. If only I had some way to speak or cry, but he just looked at me with beady black eyes while I gasped for air. The hard part of being a fish, is people assume you can't think or feel because you can't visibly react beyond basic survival... sometimes I lay awake in bed, remembering what it felt like to scream in my mind "Let me go! I need to find her..." and then everything goes black.

My point being if communication, like calling, isn't working - maybe it has an injured flipper. Try to see if maybe something is broken? Does a voice recording app work?

Short answer:

It could be a bad OS update but it is very likely it is caused by a bad microphone.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    07-31-15 01:09 PM
    Where did you get the time to write all that?

Check your mic volumes, and find out what mics are used depending on speaker or call mode.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-31-15 02:07 PM
    There are 3 microphones on the Q10. You can clean the bottom pin hole at the right of the speaker with a needle... just try to get the dust out, not in.
    08-01-15 03:58 AM
    OK, OP, I've had some similar issues.

The Q10 essentially has 2 microphones : 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom.

After prying around the camera cache with a needle (you can't say I didn't ask for it), I had the opposite problem. I broke the top mic. I could only answer calls WITHOUT the speaker on. BlackBerry Assistant worked. Parrot did not, neither did the sound on a video I took.

Try these out. I am thinking you damaged your bottom mic. Also try using BBVE to diagnose.

I fixed my top mic by changing the bezel. I don't know if you can fix the bottom one the same way. Either way, it's cheap and relatively easy to take apart and fix.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my BlackBerry doesn't have an app for that.
    08-02-15 12:38 PM
    Well, mine cant have the conv by loudspeaker.. the other person cant hear me.
    Broken I think.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 08:14 PM
    Well, there is a long answer. And a short answer.

Long answer:

I used to be a fish. A long time ago. I don't know where in human geography but it was a very almost mud like swamp. The water was dark and thick, and I explored every inch of that pond! There was a little hole among the rocks I loved, and in the morning the sun would play across the water in an explosion of colour... It was a fun life, and in human words my name would probably have been cotton tail - you see when I was little my mom would swim with me and I'd hide from her among the cotton tails. And anytime she would see one she would get excited and think of me.

Now I don't know if you know this, but as fish, we can't communicate. We can touch things and something like smelling the water. But most everything is sight. So the most horrifying thing that happens is when eventually, you and your loved ones lose sight of eachother. We can't cry on the outside. I was lucky, I lost my mom very late, after what felt like a lifetime. The very last time I ever saw my mom was while I was hiding in the cotton tails, she never found me that time... And to my last this day I could still smell her faintly in the water whenever I'm near that spot.

Alas, I digress there was a trick we found for talking. I found that if I moved my left flapper really quickly she could feel it. And same with my right! After years we built our own language by just moving our flippers... until one year she hurt her dominant flipper, it made it harder to communicate, and it took forever to heal and understand she was just injured. That was before I ate the worm. And suffocated to death in a boat, under the boot of an angry drunk man. If only I had some way to speak or cry, but he just looked at me with beady black eyes while I gasped for air. The hard part of being a fish, is people assume you can't think or feel because you can't visibly react beyond basic survival... sometimes I lay awake in bed, remembering what it felt like to scream in my mind "Let me go! I need to find her..." and then everything goes black.

My point being if communication, like calling, isn't working - maybe it has an injured flipper. Try to see if maybe something is broken? Does a voice recording app work?

Short answer:

It could be a bad OS update but it is very likely it is caused by a bad microphone.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    Can you please do this for a tiger now?

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-02-15 08:41 PM