Further note:

Only drawbacks to Z30 are:

1). Screen not as visible as some devices in very bright sunshine since it is AMOLED and not back lit LCD;

2). Z30 is lighter than Passport but heavier than some other phones;

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    10-17-14 02:17 PM
    Just making my own decision between the 2.
    I really, really want the latest and greatest which is the Passport, BUT...after checking it out the size/shape just doesn't work for me.(I am a big guy, big hands so that's not the issue) I am very active, phone is in and out of my pocket a lot, and I am often packing it in my hand while out and about with work. The Z30 just feels better, plus I need to add a solid case to any device I have (Otterbox Commuter) for protection, and the Z30 is still manageable in a case. The Z30 specs may not be impressive on paper, but it does all I need, (and then some) and I like a recent comparison to the Iphone 6.....Z30 looks pretty darn good spec wise next to the almighty latest Iphone, so that alleviates much of the pain of NOT having the best spec'd Blackberry. It's all about compromise, plus the Passport is $249 & the Z30 if Free under my plan...so it will be a Z30 for me.
    10-17-14 02:56 PM
    Live in the Charleston, SC area.
    Was just over there for the Hootie and the Blowfish concert! My buddy has property near Hilton Head at Palmetto Bluff (waiting to build) so few buddies did a road trip and he rented a house there for a few days, then we rolled down the road to the concert! His son is in college at USCB at Hilton Head campus.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    10-17-14 07:36 PM
    I really, really want the latest and greatest which is the Passport, BUT...after checking it out the size/shape just doesn't work for me.(I am a big guy, big hands so that's not the issue) I am very active, phone is in and out of my pocket a lot, and I am often packing it in my hand while out and about with work. The Z30 just feels better, plus I need to add a solid case to any device I have (Otterbox Commuter) for protection, and the Z30 is still manageable in a case. The Z30 specs may not be impressive on paper, but it does all I need, (and then some) and I like a recent comparison to the Iphone 6.....Z30 looks pretty darn good spec wise next to the almighty latest Iphone, so that alleviates much of the pain of NOT having the best spec'd Blackberry. It's all about compromise, plus the Passport is $249 & the Z30 if Free under my plan...so it will be a Z30 for me.
    Yes, I also carry the Z30 in the (white) Otterbox Commuter case, and find the size manageable. I find the Defender a bit too bulky, and the BlackBerry holster a but inadequate. I would also comment that focusing on individual specs is not a good way to evaluate a device. Rather, it's the way that the components of a device work TOGETHER to make a usable successful device. For example, the Z30 AMOLED screen is not as bright as some back kit LCD screens, but it is large (5") and designed to be low drain and to prolong the battery life of the big battery. I fund the screen bright enough, and appreciate more the fact the device last a long time between charges. I have had the Z30 for 10 months, and I can say it is the best electronic device I have ever owned (better than any other cell phone, lap top, e-reader, or tablet).

Also: I got the Z30 for $50 on a two year plan, and I can phone, text, message, and watch HD TV for a reasonable monthly rate. I have sat down with friend sand compared the Z30 to their Nexus 5 and iPhone 5, and they agreed that the Z30 is superior.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    chris1h likes this.
    10-17-14 07:36 PM
    Now for a laugh...I was all set on the Z30...but when they called to confirm my order the Z30 was out of stock and they had 1 Passport that just came in...Fate? So Passport arrives tomorrow...I will learn to live with its size because the rest is just soo awesome!
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    10-20-14 03:44 PM
    Now for a laugh...I was all set on the Z30...but when they called to confirm my order the Z30 was out of stock and they had 1 Passport that just came in...Fate? So Passport arrives tomorrow...I will learn to live with its size because the rest is just soo awesome!
    You'll be able to use BlackBerry Blend and 10.3.0 right away. Vs Z30 you'd be stuck on 10.2.1 unless you loaded a leak.

Posted via CB10
    chris1h likes this.
    10-20-14 05:12 PM
    Z30 is a great phone but Passport takes everything that is great with the Z30, turns it up about 100% and slaps on a touch sensitive keyboard which is awesome! Passport all the way!
    10-20-14 05:19 PM
32 12