What setting I need to change to enable texting while connected to wireless network?
    02-08-16 12:38 PM
    Actual SMS messages have to be sent through your carrier, there is no way to do it over WiFi.

There are apps such as "Google hangouts' that will allow messages to be sent via data to someone phone number if that's what you are referring to.
    02-08-16 03:21 PM
    Text messages can be sent over WiFi if your carrier supports WiFi calling (WFC.) AFAIK, that's two carriers for the Priv--T-Mobile US and EE in the UK.

OP, if you are a customer of either carrier, either try changing your WFC setting to 'cellular only,' forcing your carrier to go into WFC mode only when the cellular signal is deemed to be poor enough, or contact your carrier and ask why this is happening. As a workaround, you could try disabling WiFi every time you're about to send text messages, although this can get pretty onerous.

If you are not a customer of a carrier that supports WFC on the Priv, you can't send traditional SMS/MMS messages over WiFi. So if you meant that for some reason you can't send text messages while connected to WiFi--this is a bug, shouldn't be happening.
    anon(9194980) likes this.
    02-09-16 11:59 PM
    Text messages can be sent over WiFi if your carrier supports WiFi calling (WFC.)
    I stand corrected. I hadn't thought about WFC.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    02-10-16 01:45 AM