Hi all,

Being the loyal BB fan that I am, I like to encourage my friends to download the Hub for their (non BB10) phones. However one of my friends who did get the hub app for android got a notification saying that her trial had ended and that she now has to pay a monthly subscription fee in order to continue using the hub without adds. Is that normal? She has now deleted it for this reason and I can't say that I blame her.

Also, if this is how it works, what if I decide to buy the new KEYone? Will I still have to pay a monthly subscription fee to use the hub without adds?
    03-24-17 01:12 AM
    Hi all,

Being the loyal BB fan that I am, I like to encourage my friends to download the Hub for their (non BB10) phones. However one of my friends who did get the hub app for android got a notification saying that her trial had ended and that she now has to pay a monthly subscription fee in order to continue using the hub without adds. Is that normal? She has now deleted it for this reason and I can't say that I blame her.

Also, if this is how it works, what if I decide to buy the new KEYone? Will I still have to pay a monthly subscription fee to use the hub without adds?
    It's normal for non-BB phones. Priv, DTEKx0, KEYone, etc. won't need a subscription.
    Laura Knotek and xandros9 like this.
    03-24-17 01:31 AM
    Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for promoting the BlackBerry Hub to friends and family. The more users the better

Yes, this is perfectly normal (for non BlackBerry devices). The BlackBerry Hub has a 30 day free trial and then it's a subscription service after that

BUT if you purchase a BlackBerry Priv, DTEK50, DTEK60 or BlackBerry KEYone then it comes FREE of charge with no subscription!

Posted Via BlackBerry PRIV
    Laura Knotek and freeyo like this.
    03-24-17 11:32 AM
    Thanks for the responses guys!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-17 05:18 PM
    How does the subscription work? Is it tied to the google play store? I just recently switched from a Priv to Galaxy s8. If I keep my Priv connected to the google play store via the same google account that I am using for my s8 can I get the subscription free?
    05-11-17 06:27 PM
    How does the subscription work? Is it tied to the google play store? I just recently switched from a Priv to Galaxy s8. If I keep my Priv connected to the google play store via the same google account that I am using for my s8 can I get the subscription free?
    No. It will recognise the device.

But honestly, how would BlackBerry support the continued development of the suite without income?
    05-11-17 06:31 PM
    No. It will recognise the device.

But honestly, how would BlackBerry support the continued development of the suite without income?
    I don't know but I don't think its polished enough to pay a subscription for it. I don't even have it connected to gmail because it can't sort through my promotional filters AFAIK.
    05-11-17 06:41 PM
    The hub works better than the crappy gmail app that comes with the phone.
    Perhaps if they made more than one device we wouldn't have to buy Samsungs, now the app that users are used to is gone because we are not going to pay that for the 90 BB OS10 devices I just replaced. I guess one of the last remaining BB holdouts will soon be gone here now, Blackberry keeps nailing the coffin lid shut. What a shame for a once powerful company. I am now getting ready to remove our UEM as the licenses will soon expire and UEM cannot properly add devices so no more money from us.....
    02-01-19 03:54 PM