Hey! So I have been hearing news that soon WhatsApp will end their Support on BlackBerry Os and it will no longer work on these devices! So I just want to ask that will it be able to use WhatsApp on BlackBerry Device is there any hack or software that will be able to help to use WhatsApp on BlackBerry Os? Please find a solution to this big Problem!
    08-31-16 10:27 AM
    Yes use BlackBerry PRIV or dtek50 if you still want use BlackBerry and whatsapp
    08-31-16 10:58 AM
    They won't.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 11:10 AM
    Wow! These WhatsApp app threads are the hottest topic since the Priv leaked. Maybe someone from CB can ask a few follow up questions to clear things up so these threads will stop.

Maybe WhatsApp could upload a working Android version to the Amazon App store for the not so tech-savvy.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 11:20 AM
    Who cares? Not me and im sure not many others care!
    08-31-16 11:21 AM
    I Stopped using WhatsApp once FB took over, but that doesn't end the fact that WA has been the gold standard in Europe for years and is now the no.1 in the world in cross platform messaging. So WhatsApp dropping BlackBerry 10 affects every user even if you don't use the app personally.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 04:02 PM
    They won't.

Posted via CB10
    A+
    08-31-16 05:56 PM
    You may not like or use it, but to say not many people care, is just moronic. Have you checked how many of these posts are made here on CB?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 09:49 PM
    Maybe someone from CB can ask a few follow up questions to clear things up so these threads will stop.
    You think they would stop after that? lol.

1) It's been known since February 2016.
    2) It was posted all over the internet
    3) It was posted to the WhatsApp blogs
    4) The message was placed the app in all supported WhatsApp languages in very plain terms. Basically, 'This app will no longer work'
    5) It has been clarified a multitude of times
    6) Pretty much EVERY article since the announcement has noted it's impending end

No matter what you do, there will be people asking until it's truly dead and even then, they'll be asking what they can do 'to make it work' or if there's 'any workarounds available'. The only way to stop people from asking is for WhatsApp to change their mind.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-01-16 at 03:44 AM.
    09-01-16 03:09 AM
    It's amusing you think they would stop after that lol.

4) The message was placed the app in all supported WhatsApp languages in very plain terms. Basically, 'This app will no longer work'
    6) Pretty much EVERY article since the announcement has noted it's impending end

No matter what you do, there will be people asking until it's truly dead and even then, they'll be asking what they can do 'to make it work' or if there's 'any workarounds available'. The only way to stop people from asking is for WhatsApp to change their mind.
    Wish WhatsApp would change their mind, but chances appear very bleak. The fact that they will block the android versions from working is just adding salt to injury.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-01-16 03:41 AM
    You think they would stop after that? lol.

I was referring to them possibly be willing to help maintain viable Android work arounds, I don't think that there will be too much work involved.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 11:09 AM
    I was referring to them possibly be willing to help maintain viable Android work arounds, I don't think that there will be too much work involved.

Posted via CB10
    On another of the NUMEROUS threads on this same subject it was stated that BB isn't making APIs available that WA wants (or needs) to use.
    That indicates to me that WA isn't willing to leave versions around that don't work fully. My understanding is that even the current WA versions that we have for BB10 do not support video calling.

This sounds to me like an organization that isn't willing to support old/klunky versions of their software laying around that will darken their reputation.
    Uzi and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    09-01-16 12:00 PM