I am currently setting up development environments for BB10 apps on Linux workstations, but BB doesn't seem to provide a secure way to verify the integrity of the downloadable Momentics IDE package. The download link to the .run* file they provide here developerDOTblackberryDOTcomSLASHnativeSLASHdownlo ads) is HTTPS protected, but actually just redirects you to an insecure HTTP server. The same is true of the link to the page containing the checksums for the various IDE installers (all the checksums are md5 anyway, which is considered broken for purposes of integrity verification).

*just a shell script with a binary trailer attached

I can force use of HTTPS on the download server i am redirected to, but it makes me accept the non-matching certificate from BB's hosting provider (Akamai).

(The Windows downloads obviously don't have this problem, since MS has their own secure-ish chain-of-trust/code signing process for installers from verified publishers.)

Am I missing something? Is there some super-secret developers-only link to a either a secure download server or SHA512/PGP/etc. signatures for the Linux IDE installer? Is it worth opening a developer issues ticket?
    03-29-15 01:04 AM
    You might try asking this question at the BlackBerry Developer Support forums...

Developer Support Forums - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    05-21-15 01:16 PM