Hi guys,

Please help me. I am so frustrated to fix my problem and I really hope you can help me.

I was having a problem earlier with wechat (from BBworld) so decided to delete it by clicking the trash icon on top of wechat app icon on my screen. However when I am trying to reinstall/redownload it from BB world, the app displayed OPEN instead of DOWNLOAD. When I checked the installed app, wechat is still there. Tried to open the icon on the BBworld but it doesn't respond so i tried to uninstall it on BBworld - My Apps and Games but it kept on prompting "Failed to uninstall wechat". I also notice that wechat is still part of my hub but no notifications. The wechat icon is no longer on the screen so I am stucked. I really dont know what to do.

Tried turning off my Z10 several times and removing the battery hoping it would refresh but it didnt work.

Hope you can help me.
    Thanks in advance!
    08-12-14 10:15 AM
    hi, go to options, app manager, device monitor and storage,should see it there, and delete it there.
    08-12-14 11:30 AM
    hi, go to options, app manager, device monitor and storage,should see it there, and delete it there.

Hi,

I didn't find it there. Tried to look for it a couple of times but it's not there.
    08-12-14 12:44 PM
    08-12-14 12:51 PM
    That was genius! Thank you so much it worked!

Thanks for the help! I guess this applies to any app with same situation?

Thanks again!
    08-12-14 01:20 PM
    Always remove apps from app management/device monitor...

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-12-14 01:24 PM
    Noted! Thanks again!
    08-12-14 01:33 PM
    Dear Zocster... WeChat did not show up in "Storage"...
    09-29-14 11:41 PM
    That's odd, can you reinstall from browser?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-29-14 11:45 PM
    currently trying to restore device to last week's back up and try to uninstall as per your direction.. Thanks..
    09-30-14 12:15 AM
    tried every way. can not be accomplished.
    had to backup to previous back-up file to re use the software Wechat.

hum?? do you have any more methods?? Thanks,
    10-02-14 01:02 AM
    You could try hooking it up to a pc, firing up the Chrome Extension and see if it can be deleted from there

Alternate option (if it really uninstalled), is in BlackBerry World swipe down from the top bezel > Settings > General Settings > Refresh BlackBerry World and see if you can download WeChat afterwards

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 01:11 AM
    Hi, Could you please help me?? I have the same problem, but I logged into BBW, don't see what I can do to unstall and reinstall wechat? what is the meaning of "push" it again?

Thank you, : (
    11-11-14 06:41 PM
    Thank you, Eldricho, it seems that your "refresh" method works, : ) now I am able to re-download it, : ) hopefully the BB passport can be better than the BB10. Thank you
    11-11-14 06:46 PM
    I have downloaded the wechate again, but cant use it since BBQ10 updated its OS. whenever I press the logo of wechat, it automactically closed itself. so frustrated.
    11-11-14 06:50 PM
    My WeChat did run fast then want to reinstall it. Then everything is wrong with my WeChat ... deleted it from my phone, but still in the "installed" section, I can't just "open" it... when I found your previous msg, I tried to "uninstall" it from my PC. I can t find it in "my world". Drama T.T please help ! Thx !
    12-27-14 04:18 PM