Hi folks, I've been trying to get my pix, vids and docs from my Passport (10.3.1.1779) using USB, WiFi & Bluetooth onto my Win 8.1 PC but no go. BB Link has empty libraries so no "Add Folder" buttons (selecting PC is fine, btw - but that's the wrong direction). No additional SD card is fitted. Backup/Restore seems to work fine (well, it creates ".bbb" files anyway). Closest I go was pairing with Bluetooth but copying didn't actually put anything on the PC. Have McAfee's ports open; have tried using mass data mode for USB too. Stuck!
    06-22-15 11:46 AM
    I can smell the urge of a Link/blend full update.
    I'd suggest you uninstall anything BlackBerry or RIM in your W8.1 applications (including device drivers), reboot, then reload the full monty from here : BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US
    06-22-15 12:20 PM
    Ta; I'll do that now - and thanks for the link. I don't have an (additional?) SD card; how can I check if I've encrypted the built-in storage pls ?
    06-22-15 12:28 PM
    Hey, Now welcome to the community AndyWhiting !

Go into settings/ Security and privacy / Encryption.
    But I'd tend to believe this is more a desktop/driver related issue.
    AndyWhiting likes this.
    06-22-15 12:51 PM
    And welcome, too - thanks for the advice (and patience...sorry for the noob q's). Methinks I have a f/w issue (McAfee Livesafe on PC & Passport) despite Link & Blend ports being open: if I disable the f/w I can copy from fone to PC using fone's file manager...gotta keep WiFi on on PC though or pairing breaks(!) despite using USB cable...not good. Ah, Link needs WiFi to sign-in and establish pairing; hmm...time to Wireshark.
    06-22-15 02:56 PM
    I believe you need IPV6 enabled for Blend.
    P.S: USB Wired if for me the best method, I even disabled wi-fi access in link.
    In case of doubt, prefer to use BlackBerry genuine USB cable

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 05:01 PM
    Okay folks, here's the working method:
    On PC: (1) Open Link, sign-in then minimise - it's useless afterwards (2) Disable NIC (3) Disable firewall (4) Connect BB USB to fone - don't use a USB3 port!.
    On fone: (5) Allow Connections (6) Use file manager to select and copy content to paired PC.
    Not pretty but it works :-!
    06-25-15 07:04 AM
    Shouldn't be that hard.
    If noticed the 'disable NIC' and this leads me to...

I'd be tempted to look into your FW and AV software.
    It might be useful to set a static IP address in the settings (storage and access/USB access/ static IP) of your BB10 device and whitelist it everywhere you can.

You have to set it to an unused IP so that if your router is using DHCP, you should be ok* using a 100-254 range for the last block (sample : 192.168.0.101). Be sure the 3 first blocks fit with your computer address.

* : usually DHCP routers for customers use a range from 10 to 25 for the last bloc. Last bloc max is 254.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 05:00 PM