I had to replace the screen on a Z30. Now the microphone doesn't work on a phone call. We have to use the speakerphone.

How can I test the microphone without putting a SIM card in and making a phone call?

I've got the user using a spare Z30 for now. All I have is a BlackBerry Passport which uses a Nano SIM & don't like using a SIM adapter over & over.

The recorder apps I've tried all use the speakerphone microphone.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    06-21-15 01:01 AM
    Bbve

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-21-15 01:27 AM
    Download BBVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert) from BlackBerry World. You can test the functions of your device from camera to microphone, gyroscope to accelerometer, and all your sensors.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2204
    06-21-15 01:31 AM
    I had to replace the screen on a Z30. Now the microphone doesn't work on a phone call. We have to use the speakerphone.

How can I test the microphone without putting a SIM card in and making a phone call?

I've got the user using a spare Z30 for now. All I have is a BlackBerry Passport which uses a Nano SIM & don't like using a SIM adapter over & over.

The recorder apps I've tried all use the speakerphone microphone.

Jamy is right.. BLACKBERRY VIRTUAL EXPERT..

 Z3 STJ100-1 ~10.3.1.2576 ~
    06-21-15 04:28 AM
    Thanks for every suggestion to use BBVE. Perhaps I'm missing something, but that tests the speakerphone microphone, not the Internal phone one.

Can you tell me exactly what test I should use to test the small microphone and NOT the speakerphone one?

06-21-15 03:48 PM
    Thanks for every suggestion to use BBVE. Perhaps I'm missing something, but that tests the speakerphone microphone, not the Internal phone one.

Can you tell me exactly what test I should use to test the small microphone and NOT the speakerphone one?

You're gonna have to be more specific. First of all, the "microphone" on the Z30 is actually an array of 4 different microphones. the main one captures your voice and the others capture background noise and clear it out.

That being said, they are the only microphones. There isn't a difference between speakerphone and microphone. It's the same microphones for both

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-21-15 06:26 PM
    You're gonna have to be more specific. First of all, the "microphone" on the Z30 is actually an array of 4 different microphones. the main one captures your voice and the others capture background noise and clear it out.

That being said, they are the only microphones. There isn't a difference between speakerphone and microphone. It's the same microphones for both

Work Wide and Prosper
    He meant the small one under the BlackBerry logo so that's pretty specific.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2204
    06-21-15 11:22 PM
    Well, ok. All of the microphones work in tandem.
    Still, that's the only microphone, no difference between speakerphone and microphone

Work Wide and Prosper
    06-21-15 11:55 PM
    Hmmm, it's strange because when you are on a phone call and tap on Speakerphone, it "seems" to utilize the microphone different.

If you turn off Speakerphone, then it doesn't work.

06-24-15 05:20 PM