I use installable MS Office ( not the cloud based version and I don't mirror my stuff to any MS servers).

With Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 I could sync contacts & calendar with my Outlook just fine using Link.

BUT with Outlook 2013 (64 bit on W8.1 64) Link does not provide the option to sync with Outlook at all. I only has the option to sync with Windows Contacts. I don't know what this is but it is not Outlook.

Anyone know what is going on here? Seems very strange to me that with the new focus of BB on serious business uses of their devices they would discontinue support of one of the primary services. I suppose it syncs with Exchange but I am no in a corporate environment. Does BB want to get rid of customers like me?

I can copy the *.pst files from my main computer to an old laptop that runs Office 2010 and sync by Z10 with Outlook contacts and calendar. Then I have to move the updated *.pst files back to my main computer. What nonsense.

I see on some Blackberry forum posts that BB does not support Outlook 2013 at all. This is hard to believe.
    08-04-14 11:49 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry feels the number of people not using a cloud based email service that allows for syncing is too small to focus on?

You can either hope it changes one day, or you can adapt and start using a "cloud" email yourself. Pretty easy to signup for Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo... or one of the other free email services (I like Outlook). Have your current email forwarded too that account and some will even allow you to continue to use the same address with that account as an alias. That way your data (email, contacts, tasks, calendar) on your PHONE, COMPUTER, WEB INTERFACE, TABLET.... are all the same, all the time.
    08-04-14 01:55 PM