I am thinking about switching from android to Blackberry. Not sure yet if it will be Classic or Passport. I have noticed double typing issues, which were huge with the q10. But it seems to be popping up on the Passport and Classic as well. I guess I really want to know is how serious is this problem? Was it that huge or was it just people post more when they have an issue? And though I'm sure there is more than 1 reason, has anyone figured what the main cause was? I did hear something about BBM. I hope to hear from someone, as this could affect my decision on switching. Though I really want to as I like the security of Blackberry and the physical keyboard ( I did own one a few years ago, no double typing then!). Thank you!!
    02-24-15 10:02 PM
    I think that it's impossible to know whether it was a widespread issue with the older phones (Q10 and earlier) because there's no way to do a meaningful survey. There were a lot of reports here, but who knows if that's a skewed survey? With the newer phones, the jury is still out because the reports are just emerging. What I do know is that if you have the problem, it has to be fixed. Your phone is pointless with it. As to causes and fixes, see the "ilmizi" thread in my signature. There are two separate mechanical causes. One is off-centered discs beneath the keyboard membrane (which causes hypersensitive keys) and the other appears to be internal contamination (which causes double-typing).
    02-24-15 10:17 PM
    Not heard of double typing on passport or classic, or the q5 for that matter.
    02-24-15 10:44 PM
    There are threads on passport and classic double typing. You just have to search for them.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ssport-996366/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-991062/

I've never heard of double-typing on the Q5 though. In fact, I think that it's one of the most solid recent releases: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...oblems-989198/
    02-24-15 11:01 PM
    No issues on my passport, 5 months in!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-24-15 11:03 PM