Good afternoon!

New to the forum and I am currently a android user . I have recently heard about how people can remotely assess your cam and voice . In searching I find that this is not a new ablity but here is my question. I am told that blackberry is more secure. I wondering how secure?

Can i share my pic through bbm with out anyone who is not suppose to see it. See it?
    Is it secure enough no one can just get in my camera and see me or hear me?
    What about email too Can i share pics and video with out it being seen by others strangers seeing it?
    Or if i was to do skype or video calling can anyone just hack in to my phone?
    or do you have to pay for this type of security?

Sorry i am really ignorant to this stuff and its not that i am doing something wrong. I just want to secure my privacy . I have searched the form and i have searched black berry its self and youtube I really cant get straight answers of what level of security.

and is the tablets the same thing ? Is it the os or the phones that have the built in security ?

OHH one more thing. Sorry. Where can i see a actual black berry. I am in minnesota and cant find one anywhere. I want to see how its build and how the os works . ( i have gone to major carriers and electronic stores)

Thank you for your time and any links or info would greatly appreciate.
    Rena
    08-25-14 12:13 PM
    08-25-14 12:58 PM
    Rena,

As a fellow Minnesotan, I agree it's hard to find Blackberries in the stores. Unless you go through Verizon, they don't really display them. I, personally, bought mine unlocked from shopblackberry.com and it was significantly cheaper than any carrier model (Z10).

To answer your question, if somebody really wanted to get into your phone and camera, I'm sure there's a way. Thankfully, the blackberry infrastructure is very secure. The high-end security that you will hear everybody talking about is through BES or the enterprise server. You will have to have a business pay for that if you want it.

I've noticed that I can allow permissions whenever I download an app that's BB10 native and I can remove it's ability to use my camera or what not. I don't believe you can do that with side-loaded apps though. So, I'd you are downloading apk's or side-loading, you are at a higher risk. There are apps that you can download to search malware and act as an anti-virus.

For BBM, I would say it's very secure because it's not as big as the other messaging apps. Plus, it's all based off device pins instead of numbers and uses data instead of messaging from a carrier.

I have been very happy with my Z10 and like to tease my family about how quickly I could break into their phones (Samsung S3's).

Hope that helps!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 12:23 PM
    It's secure enough for the German government

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 10:42 PM
    If you want to secure your privacy, then stop using android and get yourself a z10, q10 or z30. If you can wait 4 weeks, then grab a Blackberry Passport and you will see the difference for yourself.
    08-27-14 10:45 PM
    As secure as the titanic is from sinking after hitting an iceberg.

True story.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 10:53 PM