I was thinking of getting a blackberry, coincidentally just as this announcement was made. I like fairly small phones, but the small keyboard really is an issue, so I thought, might aswell. But The Priv seems to be the answer, keyboard, but also android along with bits of blackberry hub and stuff. The price is what worries me though. If it's the cost of a proper phone, ie �500 then **** it, that's out of the window. I was thinking about the classic, but can't help think, like my windows phone, it'll all be a bit defunct in a few months. Should I just wait and hope?
    09-28-15 03:40 PM
    The Classic will be a fine device for a while yet. Maybe not the state of the art but still a fine device. My Classic is expected to last at least another year or two.
    09-28-15 03:59 PM
    If having the latest phone that people are talking about is important to you, then wait for the Priv.

Not sure what you mean by a BlackBerry Classic or Windows phone being defunct. Either one will continue to work for as long as you need them.

If you're concerned about small keyboards, then you might prefer the Classic over the Priv, since although the Priv keyboard is slightly wider than the Classic's, the four rows of the Priv's keyboard are about 80% the height of the Classic's.

And if you like small phones the Classic is less than 5 1/4 inches high compared to about 6 inches for the Priv when the keyboard is closed (about 7 1/4 open).
    09-28-15 04:07 PM
    What do you think about the Q10? I know it's the same hardware and stuff, but I normally keep a phone for 2 years, If I did so do you think the phone would become outdated? Or possibly stop being supported anymore?
    09-28-15 04:16 PM
    Some people have had problems with double typing on the Q10. The Q5 which I have is excellent value, but has less memory than the Q10.

As for being outdated, I was recently admiring what was probably an older 9900 that looked brand new and is similar to the Q10, but with the older BBOS, which lots of people are still using. I used to have a Curve which still works, but I wanted to move to BB10. I do miss the hardware buttons like the Classic has though.
    09-28-15 04:31 PM
    A Classic will, for sure, last you 2 years. I moved from the OS7 devices to a Classic: between the higher specs and having access to 4G LTE on the Classic, that will easily do me for a couple of years. Keyboard is great - only you can answer whether the different keyboard of the PRIV vs Classic is an issue.
    10-19-15 11:28 AM