I have done so many leaks and many times wiped and stuff....now I have started facing little problems with OS. Now I would like to clear every single thing from my phone and make it brand new. Never mind how much time I should reload or wipe, I want to do it...can anybody help me what to be done to make the phone brand new with no trails of previous items?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 09:29 AM
    From the Homescreen, swipe down, select Settings, then Security & Privacy, then Security Wipe, then type blackberry in the text box, and then click on Delete Data.
    First do a data backup with either BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Link, depending on what OS your phone is running. Next do a security wipe on the phone. Once the wipe has completed, plug your phone into whatever software you did the backup with and restore the backup. The software will detect that you have an old OS (which it had when shipped from the factory) and will update your OS to the newest one supported by your carrier.

I hope that helps you.
    09-22-14 09:53 AM
    I dont want to restore anything....but I always do this method of wiping....but I feel that is not making my phone same like old....

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 10:23 AM
    From the Homescreen, swipe down, select Settings, then Security & Privacy, then Security Wipe, then type blackberry in the text box, and then click on Delete Data.
    09-22-14 10:45 AM
    OK, so no restoring anything to your phone. When you do a security wipe, your phone will revert to its factory state. FYI, if you do a security wipe then restore a backup, you'll only get the most recent OS supported by your carrier, not the leaked OS your phone was running. So if you don't like the leak but you like the apps you had, doing a backup then a security wipe then a reload of that backup would be exactly what you're looking for. If you don't want any of the apps, just do a security wipe without a backup.

Cheers.
    09-22-14 10:47 AM
    Does this deletes every trace of datas and software leaks we did and bring up the default OS as fresh new?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 10:47 AM
    Yes.

Cheers.
    09-22-14 10:48 AM
    Thanks people

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 10:49 AM
    To do a factory os restore on your bb10 device you hook it up to your computer with bblink running and do the os restore option with power on volume up. The phone will go into os restore and load up the latest carrier os . Basically you want to go back to 10.2 from 10.3?
    09-23-14 11:48 AM
    No...I am right now in 10.2.1 after my reload from 10.3 leak...but I find some troubles with the OS now...so just wanted to make it fresh like from garden and wait for the next leak

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:11 PM