I had to do a security wipe because I had some issues that needed fixing.
    Now that the wipe is done and it's all back to factory settings I'm trying to install the backup file using BB link. However when I click on "restore device" it takes ages to actually list the different backup files in the folder.
    In order to get a feeling for this I made a backup of my phone with factory settings and it took a few minutes until it showed up in the list so I could choose it. This backup file only was 25MB ... the real backup file that I want to install is several GBs ... it's already been running for 2-3hours by now and I'm not sure if it's doing anything at all since there's no change/progress visible.
    Does it make sense to keep waiting and hoping it'll work or should I just accept the fact, that everything is gone?
    08-01-15 02:37 PM
    No. Have you tried restarting your computer? If that doesn't help, I'd try re-installing Link.
    08-01-15 02:46 PM
    First off, it will usually tell you that the restore failed. A full device can take a couple of hours easy. There should be a status bar.

You may wish to consider that whatever was plaguing your device earlier may be contained in your backup, and you will be no better off after going through all of this.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-01-15 02:49 PM
    I already re-installed Link and rebooted my computer but that didn't change anything.

conite: it is not restoring yet ... it's still trying to load the different backup files so you can choose the right one. So there's no progress bar, just the little spinning circle thingy next to the text ... If only the problem were that the restore failed. I don't even get that far
    08-01-15 03:06 PM
    I already re-installed Link and rebooted my computer but that didn't change anything.

conite: it is not restoring yet ... it's still trying to load the different backup files so you can choose the right one. So there's no progress bar, just the little spinning circle thingy next to the text ... If only the problem were that the restore failed. I don't even get that far
    Does your computer see your BlackBerry as a drive in Explorer?

You may wish to remove all BlackBerry stuff from your computer, and reinstall the drivers and link. The newest version of those are actually located in the BlackBerry Blend package at www.blackberry.com/blend.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-01-15 03:54 PM
    It does see my BB as a drive in Explorer, but I can't connect to it using Blend and it sometimes 'disconnects' after a while in Link/Explorer (you can still see it but it's crossed out).
    I already desinstalled all BB software from my computer, rebooted and re-installed everything without any change.

I just copied the old backup to another computer, installed the software and so far everything works just fine - I'm at 25% so far.
    Really no idea what's wrong with my primary PC though and I really need it to work on there since that's where my Outlook and everything else is
    08-01-15 04:09 PM