My working email is setup on my Classic. When email is send to me, it first comes to my Blackberry and stays there until I start Outlook on my work computer. When I start Outlook, the email appears in Outlook but disappears from Blackberry. What should I do to keep a copy of email on Blackberry? In account setting Sync Timeframe is set to Forever.
    07-19-16 12:00 PM
    I would say that it is probable an issue of how your Outlook is setup on your computer.... it probably is deleting emails from the server as you download them. Depending on the version of Outlook and the type of account... there should be settings for the account that will allow you to leave messages on the Service for a period of time.
    07-19-16 01:48 PM
    Are you using POP as your email format? If so, that's how it's supposed to work. POP is a very old format from when storage was expensive and people only accessed their mail from a single device.

Do you have the option to use a modern format like IMAP, or even ActiveSync?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 09:50 PM
    My account type is POP/SMPT. This is set by employer and I don't have any control over it. Is there any option to deal with the problem without changing the account type?
    07-22-16 03:14 PM
    You're dealing with the limitations of POP email. There may be a setting when setting up the account to leave a copy of messages on the server.

If nothing else, your employer is doing a huge disservice to any mobile employees by keeping a POP email system around in 2016. Likely it's cheap and they won't see the value in a modern email system until business is lost from a message getting pulled to a device and deleted.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-16 05:33 PM