Hi Want to use 9700 to provide cell line to home telephone system. The problem is that the 9700 keeps going to password lock screen. I need the phone on ALL the time.
    It is connected to power supply from Home phone base unit. It is then bluetoothed to the Panasonic 7875 cell to home phone system.

My thought was disable the screen lock password system but there sems no way to disable it.

There appears to be a way to set the phone to work between certain hours but there is no permanently on setting i can see.

Any thoughts....thanks
    01-17-15 01:13 PM
    By default any BlackBerry will always stay on, as long as battery has power.

If password lock is enabled, the lock screen happens after a certain customizable time frame. If you turn off the device password, you won't ever see the lock screen.

I don't have a legacy BBOS device like a Bold handy just now, but open the Options app / wrench icon. (You can probably just type the letter O on homescreen.) Look for the Security category and then Password. Turn it off.
    01-17-15 01:47 PM
    Thanks, I found the option screen has no field to disable the password.

If I try and rest the phone without a password that does not work either.
    01-17-15 02:48 PM
    01-17-15 03:11 PM
    Could it be that you have encryption turned on?
    options > security > encrytion. If encryption is turned on, you won't be able to disable the password or for the screen to lock.
    In that case, uncheck the box that says "encryption" for Device Memory. If needed, do the same for the Media Card encryption in the same screen.
    If both these boxes are unchecked, you should be able to disable the password in options > security > password, too.
    01-18-15 08:36 AM