google play is not working on my bb z30
    04-23-16 10:32 AM
    Read first page carefully
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Sine stercore tauri
    04-23-16 10:42 AM
    While Cobalt's version is a lot nicer and smarter, it's also more difficult to install and not really suited for the faint of heart.. I recommend you install Snap (Snap - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.), v.2.0.0.2 is very stable, haven't had any issues with it. The downside is that apps that require Google Play Services won't work - which is more or less the same with Cobalt's version as well.

A much simpler alternative is to install Aptoide (Aptoide - Android Apps Store) and/or Amazon. Of course there is no guarantee for any app that it will work, however if the app you want doesn't use Google Play Services, you stand a good chance.

Oh, and by the way, giving details of your problem usually helps. So help requests of the type "ain't working" won't really generate many or even helpful answers. Try to be more specific next time.
    04-24-16 08:37 AM
    There is nothing difficult about installing Cobalt's apps unless you have reading comprehension problems. Cobalt has easy to follow instructions. His method is overwhelmingly the preferred and most successful way of getting Android apps working on a BB10 Blackberry.
    Plus many Android apps won't work without Cobalt's Patching method.
    If your going to get Android apps you might as well get it from Google Play Store (Cobalt's working version).

There are numerous threads about Snap not working anymore, it is no longer supported by the developer. So good luck with that.
    04-24-16 08:52 AM
    While Cobalt's version is a lot nicer and smarter, it's also more difficult to install and not really suited for the faint of heart.. I recommend you install Snap (Snap - Red Light Of Love, Ltd.), v.2.0.0.2 is very stable, haven't had any issues with it. The downside is that apps that require Google Play Services won't work - which is more or less the same with Cobalt's version as well.

A much simpler alternative is to install Aptoide (Aptoide - Android Apps Store) and/or Amazon. Of course there is no guarantee for any app that it will work, however if the app you want doesn't use Google Play Services, you stand a good chance.

Oh, and by the way, giving details of your problem usually helps. So help requests of the type "ain't working" won't really generate many or even helpful answers. Try to be more specific next time.
    Snap doesn't load OBBs and is unsupported, Amazon is a ghost town and Aptoide is full of trash.

Frankly, this:

There is nothing difficult about installing Cobalt's apps unless you have reading comprehension problems. Cobalt has easy to follow instructions. His method is overwhelmingly the preferred and most successful way of getting Android apps working on a BB10 Blackberry.
    Plus many Android apps won't work without Cobalt's Patching method.
    If your going to get Android apps you might as well get it from Google Play Store (Cobalt's working version).

There are numerous threads about Snap not working anymore, it is no longer supported by the developer. So good luck with that.
    04-24-16 09:06 AM
    Funny, i just checked Snap on my wife's Q5, installed and uninstalled an app, no troubles at all, so don't know, maybe it's working for some and not for others.
    Yes, Cobalt's method is the best, however when somebody just drops a line like "google play is not working on my bb z30" i assume (s)he doesn't know much and installing all Cobalt's apps in the correct order and configuring them may be a too difficult task. As far as Amazon being a ghost town and Aptoide full of trash, that is quite subjective. Many apps from Google Play that require Google Play Services won't work even if patched, anyways. We are trying to trick the system after all, some things will work, some not. It's amazing that we get this much as it is.

Anyways, the "guest" that asked the question, well, it isn't really a proper question, doesn't seem too interested in the answers anyways, so not much point in wasting energy with answers.
    04-24-16 09:25 AM
    If Cobalt's numbered step by step directions are too difficult for people to follow than they shouldn't be using a Blackberry, they should run, don't walk to an Android phone.
    04-24-16 09:29 AM
    Funny, i just checked Snap on my wife's Q5, installed and uninstalled an app, no troubles at all, so don't know, maybe it's working for some and not for others.
    Yes, Cobalt's method is the best, however when somebody just drops a line like "google play is not working on my bb z30" i assume (s)he doesn't know much and installing all Cobalt's apps in the correct order and configuring them may be a too difficult task. As far as Amazon being a ghost town and Aptoide full of trash, that is quite subjective. Many apps from Google Play that require Google Play Services won't work even if patched, anyways. We are trying to trick the system after all, some things will work, some not. It's amazing that we get this much as it is.

Anyways, the "guest" that asked the question, well, it isn't really a proper question, doesn't seem too interested in the answers anyways, so not much point in wasting energy with answers.
    For the time being, if you have Snap already installed and signed in, things function normally as you've mentioned.

What others are getting at in the issues of Snap which are recently well documented is that new installations of Snap will not be able to sign in and use the app. Also, once you sign out, that's the end of Snap for you as well. Changes in Google security have rendered it unable to provide proper authentication.
    04-24-16 12:17 PM
    Ah, i see. Thanks for the clarification.
    It's a shame though, i really enjoyed snap. And it's always nice to have options.
    04-25-16 02:10 AM