Hello everyone,

i recently bought my first BlackBerry (Q10). Before I was using Android as OS.
    I really like what I have with the Q10. But there's something I'd really like to get working.

I'm very confident with the Google Calendar and if possible I'd like to keep it.
    I have my Google Calendar data synced with the BB Calendar but it looks completely different of course.
    For example: I wanna stick with the same colors I use in the calendar on Android/Windows, as I access the same calendar on different platforms.
    That means: I need the original Google Calendar app.
    I found a "Google Calendar Launcher" app but it's not supported for the Q10.
    I downloaded the original app via Snap, I even tried to run some patch over the APK file to delete Google Play Service dependancies. I can start the app and it seems to work at first.
    Then I try to add my google account to the calendar and it switches to the BlackBerry account settings overview where I can add new accounts like Facebook or the CalDAV-GoogleSync account I already added, but I can't select one for the calendar.

If any of you have a solution I'd be very glad to hear it.

Thanks in advance!
    Greetings
    10-30-14 07:51 AM
    When I had multiple calenders configured for a single gmail email account, they all displayed for me. Had to change the colors mind you but they all appeared. Is that not what your trying to do or am I misunderstanding?
    10-30-14 05:11 PM
    Unfortunately you did misunderstand.
    I intended to stick with the original Google Calendar so I can keep the coloring the same as everywhere else I use it. It's so much more manageable this way.

The only alternative would be another calendar that is syncable with at least a windows/web-browser client so I can manage it on my pc as well.
    Haven't found one yet though..
    I'd be glad to spend a few euros if that helps..

Thanks for you answers.
    Greetings
    10-30-14 05:28 PM
    If it's strictly the color issue, what I did was just look at the color pallette available on both Google calendar and the BlackBerry native calendar and adjust so everything is more or less the same - Personal is green, one work is blue, another brown...the BlackBerry color choice is an odd array, admittedly.

Posted via CB10
    Caesium0 likes this.
    10-30-14 09:04 PM
    I only have this one calendar (the one on my google account). And the different "types" of events have different colors assigned. And that's simply not possible with the BB calendar.

Right now it's all the same color and I can't do anything to change that except for splitting my one calendar in more calendars, which would be very confusing in the end.

Greetings
    10-31-14 07:28 AM
    I only have this one calendar (the one on my google account). And the different "types" of events have different colors assigned. And that's simply not possible with the BB calendar.

Right now it's all the same color and I can't do anything to change that except for splitting my one calendar in more calendars, which would be very confusing in the end.

Greetings
    I agree, it is a shortcoming of the BB client. My "work around" was to access the gmail cal on the web, add whatever other cals I needed, move the entries especially those that are recurring, to the new calendars. The down side to this and it might sound a little scary, is to remove the account from the BB and then readd. All the other calendars then displayed on the BB. I then selected the cals and assigned the closest colors that matched on the Android Tablets, Android phone, and the BB.

PS. I actually used a windows desktop client named EmClient to do all the moving as it was much much faster than the web interface.

Not ideal I understand, just an option that you might want to look into if the colors are absolutely necessary, and after using it for as long as you have I presume that it is necessary.
    10-31-14 09:14 AM
    Thanks a lot! That really helped. It was some work to "create" all the new calendars but it worked.

Thanks to all again.
    10-31-14 02:32 PM
    Like I said, not an idea resolution, but a pretty darn good work around. Glad it satisfied your requirements.
    Caesium0 likes this.
    10-31-14 02:36 PM
    Considering the fact that BlackBerrys are supposed to be "business smartphones" I don't get why they don't invest more time in creating a better calendar.

Unfortunate.. thanks though for this workaround. I find it to be very confusing with that much events in my calendar but without different coloring.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 07:33 AM