I dropped my Priv on concrete and the glass is cracked all over. It still works. It is an AT&T unit that I bought on Ebay with Warranty.

What is the recommended best way to get this glass replaced? Or can it be replaced.

Note, the phone is solid with none of the hardware issues some have reported. I don't want to get an exchange with other problems if I can help it.

Added:

One local shop does not repair Blackberry. More research reveals that the digitizer & screen are one and the digitizer along on ebays is about $280. Users on the Blackberry forum report about $350 to have it repaired by Blackberry. I paid $415 for this and now they are going on ebay for closer to $300. It might be cheaper to just get a new phone.

Some are being sold for parts with comment BAD IMEI password locked. I am not sure what this means. Are they hot? One had the comment that it was apparently a T-Mobile specific repossession. Reason was non-payment on contract but that is was locked out by T-mobile.

If I got one of these Parts only Privs would I be able to replace the digitizer/screen on mine without destroying the thing. I am handy with tools etc. Anyone know?

In the worst case, since it still works, I can just have a broken screen forever.
    Last edited by jgrobertson; 07-01-16 at 07:28 PM.
    07-01-16 02:28 PM
    The easiest way would be to check the phone book under repairs.
    Every town has a cell phone repair shop and could probably replace the screen while you wait.

If you go through eBay, they'll just help you get it fixed from the buyer which will take a bit more time.
    Besides, The warranty doesn't include you being clumsy (no offence) and dropping the device.

Find a local repair place, that's your best bet.

And DON"T drop your device again!!
    07-01-16 03:11 PM
    Thanks. I did not think the local shops would have parts for the Priv.

I really did not drop it. It came out of my Seidio belt clip holster when I exited my car. It seems to be less secure than my Passport was.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-01-16 03:40 PM
    Thanks. I did not think the local shops would have parts for the Priv.

I really did not drop it. It came out of my Seidio belt clip holster when I exited my car. It seems to be less secure than my Passport was.

That'll happen! You'll have to try wearing the clip on on your right side. When I'm driving I put my device in a holder on my dash. That way, I know it's safe!
    If the repair shop doesn't have the screen, in stock, they'll be able to order it faster than you could and it would still be the best way to go.

(in my opinion)
    07-01-16 09:17 PM
    They don't work on BlackBerry at all.

07-01-16 11:36 PM
    If the screen is already 280... might as well buy an AT&T Priv and strip it for parts. You get a new screen AND a battery for 299.
    07-01-16 11:41 PM