I have a BB Z30 which has the latest update applied, and I believe I did that a week or two weeks ago.

The major problem/most alarming thing is I'm seeing a ton of ads and even getting pop up windows/ads opening on my browser (I have the standard one browser that came with the OS). I'm concerned I have spyware/adware/malware/wereware (lol).

The browser has been very slow. Weird things have been happening. The flick typing will appear to be working properly but then rather than the three words I typed, three of the first word will appear after a few seconds of lag.

Whenever I try to play videos now (and this was not a problem before a few days ago), the screen will more often than not be black, but the sound usually plays and occasionally video works.

I haven't downloaded any new apps, although I did see a dating app in "recently viewed" that I know I didn't search for, although I concede that it's possible I fumbled it by accident when I thought the screen was off. I don't know if that's significant but there you have it.

I have visited a few sites that might be sketchy, like Diply/TopTenHen and similar websites. And clumsy thumbs mean I've clicked on some ads by accident but I don't think any of it was harmful, although I could be wrong.

I hope that's enough information. Thank you for any and all help you can provide. I've never had problems with a smartphone before so I feel really lost.

I have changed all my passwords, but I'd still like to figure out the problem asap.
    09-01-15 05:53 AM
    You don't have spyware or anything like that, there are non for BlackBerry 10?

Are you using Wifi by any chance?

A few people have had this and it seems to be a sort of router malware injecting ads and crap into the webpages
    You don't have spyware or anything like that, there are non for BlackBerry 10?

Are you using Wifi by any chance?

A few people have had this and it seems to be a sort of router malware injecting ads and crap into the webpages
    09-01-15 06:00 AM
    No, I don't use wifi except on my home network and wifi hasn't been working either. Forgot to put that in there. It's refused to connect since the last update but bc I have unlimited data I haven't stressed about that.
    09-01-15 06:07 AM
    The typing issue you mention is one I get on Stocktwits all the time. I have to type very slowly or use the flick to type. There are many Web sites that just don't seem to work so well with the stock browser anymore. I figured it is the way the site works as it is not on most sites. I switch to Zeus and or Evolution and sometimes it works better. I'm not sure that I buy the argument that we can never get a virus, but I don't think that this is due to one.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 10:42 PM
    The typing issue you mention is one I get on Stocktwits all the time. I have to type very slowly or use the flick to type. There are many Web sites that just don't seem to work so well with the stock browser anymore. I figured it is the way the site works as it is not on most sites. I switch to Zeus and or Evolution and sometimes it works better. I'm not sure that I buy the argument that we can never get a virus, but I don't think that this is due to one.

Posted via CB10

Yea, the keyboard lag while trying to type in text box is just really bad now for me as well. It's so bad it's basically unusable, I now have to use Word To Go to type up my responses, like for example this one, I than copy and paste the text into the text box. If this isn't fixed soon with an update I'm seriously just going to get rid of my Passport. It's completely ridiculous that a phone with a Qualcomm 801 is this slow. It's just the browser too but it's the most used app I have.
    09-10-15 04:20 AM
    What OS version are you running?
    I've been using browsie browser .99 cents from BBW. Has adblocker, he just released a new update and it's excellent.
    However, I have no issues like that when using the main browser. So it is possible you got something slowing you down.
    Are you in Canada? Use jkjkjk or whatever it's called?

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-10-15 01:49 PM