Recently by wife's new DTEK50 updated itself. Once it was done it requires her to log into the device with her google account to which the device was originally synched. Alas, she has no idea what that account is. It remembers her phone number, and with that I can get a google account email associated with that number, but the phone insists that it is not the account with which it was originally synched.

If I hold down the power key and the volume key together I can get to a boot menu which instructs me to hold down the power button for ten or more seconds. When I do that it powers on and off, and on and off, and on and off, never gets to a factory reset screen. When I stop holding the power button it boots normally, and requires that damned email address again.

I tried contacting Blackberry support for the phone, but that seems to exist only in a web designers imagination.

Any suggestions out there?
    10-14-16 10:47 AM
    Take it to your wireless provider.
    10-14-16 10:55 AM
    Recently by wife's new DTEK50 updated itself. Once it was done it requires her to log into the device with her google account to which the device was originally synched. Alas, she has no idea what that account is. It remembers her phone number, and with that I can get a google account email associated with that number, but the phone insists that it is not the account with which it was originally synched.

If I hold down the power key and the volume key together I can get to a boot menu which instructs me to hold down the power button for ten or more seconds. When I do that it powers on and off, and on and off, and on and off, never gets to a factory reset screen. When I stop holding the power button it boots normally, and requires that damned email address again.

I tried contacting Blackberry support for the phone, but that seems to exist only in a web designers imagination.

Any suggestions out there?

Call the support line? The number was included in the box with the device.

1-year technical support included

Get help from the experts at BlackBerry, with 24x7 support included for one year after the purchase of your DTEK50
    US/CAN – 855-556-2522
    UK – 008-141-3330
    10-14-16 09:22 PM